Notary Rotary
New in Texas
Notary Discussion History

New in Texas
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Stacey Kett on 9/9/05 2:12pm
Msg #64398

New in Texas

I am new to signings in Texas and am finding it is a lot harder to get work here then in Florida. Does anyone in Texas have any advice for me? I have tried contacting the title companies, but am really not quite sure on how to handle that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.......stacey : )

Reply by Clay Mason on 9/9/05 9:34pm
Msg #64484

Hi Stacey. Where are you located in Texas?

Reply by Sandra Beck on 9/10/05 4:08pm
Msg #64580

Stacey is my daughter. She worked for me in Florida (where there are plenty of signings) but since she has been commissioned in TX the signings are few and far between. I know Texas is a different animal...escrow, etc. but there must be business there. We have been trying to speak with some experienced TX notaries so that she can find out if there is a 'secret' to TX closings. Are you in TX?

Reply by Stacey Kett on 9/10/05 6:06pm
Msg #64592

I am in Katy, just outside of Houston.

Reply by Clay Mason on 9/10/05 8:25pm
Msg #64606

I'm in Texas and may be able to help. Please email me.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/11/05 2:43am
Msg #64644

Hello Stacey,

Clay never responds to my posts. I am not sure how I feel about that...oh, but yet again, I digress...I cannot seem to remember that all posts are not designed to be all about me.

Send me an email and tell me about yourself...but in the interim, some Texas info.

Texas will be a bit disappointing to you in volume. As you probably know, without a place to do a HELOC we are SOL. We must do them in a title company or an attorney's office or a lender's branch. We cannot do them in a bwr's home. This is also true for certain types of Home Improvement loans. And, I don't have the sources to cite on purchase loans, but I am sure thereis a reason we cannot do them out side of a title co, lender's office or an attorney's office as well.

Is that stupid enough for you?

This has to do with the fact that Tx was not always able to do a second mortgage on a home. It's just been going on a few years.

The grandfather and wise Texas Lawmakers are fearful that lenders will slip into the ignorant and childlike bwrs' homes and force them to apply for a Heloc. few weeks later they will send Bad Bad Notary Brown back into their home to coerce them into signing the documents. (I hate this rule more now that I know the part about fear of predatory lending practice theory the lawmakers base this on.).

I feel it makes it seem like a Texan cannot make his/her own mind up regarding what's a good loan or what is not.

So, how would a notary force a loan on a bwr with greater ease than the bwr could be forced at the other locations?

Will Notary Brown show up at a couple's home, tie them up, help herself to their chocolate milk, crack all their roasted peanuts, eat them, then litter the floor with the shells?

Just for good measure will she watch That 70's Show and Letterman to let them know who is boss? Then, just like that... she's got total mind control over them in a few short hours. While she's got them drinking the Koolaid like good little bwrs, she will let each of them have one hand free, and promise to release them if they will sign quietly and obediently, right?

When she has the signatures, she undoes their hands and tells them "bye." They give it no more thought and go on to bed without any further concerns about the notary's behvior. No call to the police - nothing. (Crazy!)

It really burns me up that our lawmakers "know best" in this instance; and, it burns me up again to know the lawmakers apparently believe the only honest people in this gig are the attorney, the title company staff, and the lender branch staff. Notary Brown is what? A white collar super thug?

Now, this entire situation is both a conundrum and a oxymoron IMHO. ( Unfortunately, after I sleep I will not be able to remember why I think that, but right now the logic is crystal clear. )

So, that's why you don't hear the phone ringing like in Florida. It will definitely be different.

I wil be glad to chat with you. Like I said, send me a note .

Take care, Brenda

Reply by Lisa_TX on 9/11/05 9:18am
Msg #64655

E-mail me also at [e-mail address] and I will help you also!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.