Notary Rotary
Notary Direct
Notary Discussion History

Notary Direct
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by SUE LINDGREN on 9/19/05 9:43pm
Msg #66097

Notary Direct

Is any familiar with Notary Direct and what are your opinions on this company?
Seems like a lot of paper work to fill out????? Thank you!

Reply by Carrie Goodman on 9/19/05 10:41pm
Msg #66110

You only need to fill the paper work out with the first closing. After that, remind them that you filled it out. They are a little cheap and a little slow to pay but not too bad. A lot of hand holding but still worth working for.

Reply by LilyMD on 9/20/05 8:58am
Msg #66148

This has not been my experience. I've done a few closings for Notary Direct and have found the fee to be about the same for them as any of ther SS I'd do business with. I have also always been in a timely manner. 30 days or less. I've never been questioned or had to remind anyone to fill out paperwork once I was in the database.

Reply by April_NY on 9/20/05 9:45am
Msg #66154

I have found them to be fast payers. They like to only pay $40-$45 but I get at least $75 out of them, and all the way up to $150 at the end of the month.
However, with them one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.
THey also are HIGH MAINTENANCE and require the most phone calls out of any signing company I have ever worked for, and tons of faxes back. Be sure and be prepared for that when you quote them a fee. I'm about to raise my fees with them due to the amount of cell phone minutes they use up on me!

Reply by LilyMD on 9/20/05 9:51am
Msg #66156

I've not had this experience either, I don't have phone calls and only faxback the Hud-1 and contract. I don't do $40-45 for signings.

Reply by Brenda_CO on 9/20/05 11:37am
Msg #66176

I find them to be a good company...pay is good and they pay in about three weeks. Not sure what the paperwork is that you mention, but they have a post closing e-form to complete. Have not had to do any fax backs.

Reply by Joe_PA on 9/20/05 1:48pm
Msg #66203

Are we talking about Notary duirect or Nations Direct. This sound exactly like Nations Direct. Could it be the same company??

Reply by Brenda_CO on 9/20/05 2:08pm
Msg #66208

Definitely Notary Direct. They are in So California....I believe in Orange Co.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/20/05 3:31pm
Msg #66228

Just got a call from them to do a $50. signing. They wouldn't budge on price even with the increase in gas prices. They will probably find some one to do it.

Reply by Mike Clark on 9/12/08 9:11am
Msg #264045

I did a few closings for them in KY. After my last one ( loan modification), I told them to go pound salt. They cheated me out of a trip fee for driving to a customer's home and they were not there. Yet they want you to show up whether you contact the borrower or not. I am so done with them.
I give really great service to companies that pay on time and that are pleasant to work with. I will go out of my way most of the time to drop a package before the cutoff time for a company that pays well and is fair. If it is an el cheapo company that nickels and dimes me about everything and doesn't want to pay for fax backs, etc., I couldn't care less if they get their package back on time. I will absolutely not do anything over and above for a company that does not respect my business and my time.

Notary Direct is one of those companies. I did what I had to do for them and no more! Of course, now I am through with them altogether. They are really horrible and pay very little.
I can do better than that!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.