Notary Rotary
Notary Search
Notary Discussion History

Notary Search
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by BetsyMI on 9/29/05 4:56pm
Msg #68000

Notary Search

Why is it that if I click on "Find a Notary", that I can't click on the box to find a Premier Member only. It's greyed out. Am I doing something wrong? I'm a Premier Member. Seems that if Premier Members will be paying more for membership that you should be able to click on that box to only see Premiers.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 9/30/05 3:52am
Msg #68087

Advanced search features are generally only available to title companies and signing services. That is, they are not a benefit of notary membership and there's no compelling reason notaries should be searching for other notaries. (We discourage "checking out the competition" in volume because it often results in under-cutting, copying of profile comments, etc., which, as you might imagine, increases the volume of complaints and undermines business for all involved.)

Here are a few other things some companies can see/do that you can't:

1) Fee profiles (for obvious and already stated reasons).
2) Geocode search addresses for more accurate searches.
3) View additional profile information on the search results screen.
4) Search for "in-network" notaries or those they are tracking in our system.

The argument can be made, however, that the grayed-out buttons should not be displayed when the corresponding features are not available to the current user.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/30/05 7:18am
Msg #68095

>>> That is, they are not a benefit of notary membership and there's no compelling reason notaries should be searching for other notaries. <<<

I somewhat disagree, Harry. I search for notaries often, not for competition reasons, but for referrals. I will get a request for an assignment that I can't do, whether it be for unavailability or out of my area. I do a quick search for a recommendation to offer the title company, which involves looking in the SR database first, then here. But, I agree that not being able to limit my search to premier only, isn't really needed from my perspective.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.