Notary Rotary
OFFICIATING IN WEDDING CEREMONY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by E_FL on 9/29/05 1:15pm
Msg #67964

Good afternoon everybody. I would like to hear some of your expertise. I have been asked to officiate in a wedding cermony, and by FL law I can only charge $30.00. However I would like to know what the customary charge is for additional expense. In other words, how much more can I charge for miscellanous?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/29/05 1:34pm
Msg #67967

What miscellaneous? What other services are you providing?

You can charge a travel fee - any extra fees on top of the $30 have to be approved by the bride and groom.

Reply by E_FL on 9/29/05 1:45pm
Msg #67968

Of course it has to be approved by them, I just need advise as to how to allocate these fees.

Reply by Danny_FL on 9/29/05 2:09pm
Msg #67974

Fees that can be additional:

Travel to location
Sevice on a Ship (provided its less than 3 miles from FL east coast and 5 miles on the FL west coast)
Couple want you to dress in other than your normal ceramony outfit
Special service additions, ie silk cord, candles, paper bag with glass...

This is just a small list of things that you can work with and discuss with the future couple. If your looking for a price range to charge, then you going to have to research your area to see what prices are being charged etc...

D

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/29/05 2:09pm
Msg #67975

What other fees are you referring to?

It is difficult to advise without knowing what fees you are referring to.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.