Notary Rotary
OK GONNA VENT FOR A MINUTE!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Teresa Dial on 9/27/05 8:30pm
Msg #67687

What is it wiht these ss??, Lately all i have been receiving is calls for closing where they try to tell me they will only pay $50!! HAHAHAHA and e-docs to boot it is unbelievable!!! Of course i tell them my usual fee plus extra for e-docs and then they say they can only pay this much.... I tell them SORRY NO CAN DO...... There must be someone out there who is doing these closings for these prices..and i don't see how they do it.... OH well what can we do...

Reply by JMLionesse on 9/27/05 8:33pm
Msg #67689

I'm getting a truck load of those calls too. I'd LOVE to know who can AFFORD to do them for that price. They're essentially taking the $50 and dropping it right into the gas tank! I for one will hold out for the money that I know I'm WORTH!!! I only wish the SS would remember, "you get what you pay for"...ugh...

Reply by Teresa Dial on 9/27/05 8:36pm
Msg #67690

I'M WITH YOU!!! Have a Great week..and hope for better ss who are willing to pay what your worth!

Reply by JMLionesse on 9/27/05 8:38pm
Msg #67692

Thank you! You too!! Hang in there!!! Smiley

Reply by Anonymous on 9/28/05 12:16am
Msg #67718

this is some of what I say to them when they call me...

I have, in fact, told the "slimy" SS's this (when they tell me "I can't pay that, I'm not even getting that. OR I can't pay that because then I don't make any money"...)

My response:

I'm sorry but you're getting jipped then if you only ask for $125-150 a deal. Because I've done the math and if I wanted to do what you do with your SS business, then I wouldn't be able to take less than $xxx because I know that the notaries worth hiring to get the job done right, are getting at least$125 for refi-edoc package. I'd re-think your business plan to make sure you're not shooting yourself in the foot.

Then I go into this... "you know, if you really think about it. If your smart you look at it this way...SS #1 (getting $200 per deal) who pays their notaries no less than $85 for a heloc and $150 for a refi, printed & within a fair driving distance AND pays them at the least "net 30", has little "WORK" at getting notaries to work with them and rarely has to SEARCH for one to get a job done. SS#1 will have the lenders as "life-long" clients who understand proficiency is priceless.

BUT

SS#2 ( getting $150 a deal) who "wheels & deals" for the bottom dollar for a notary, rarely ever offering more than $100 on any 1st & 2nd even, because they believe that more "clients" will use them if they can undercut the SS#1's in the industry by 25%+, will be searching until the sun comes up to sucker someone into working to make the SS rich because they will take the majority of the fee. Then SS#2 starts to cross their fingers and pray that they hired the "$50 notary" who could at least get the notarizations done correctly because if they screw up on the non-notarized docs they can just resend them (or doc them up themselves, ( adding witnesses for example) and have the borrower sign and over-night back to them with out an additional fee to the "professional " notary costing now, MORE than what it would've been had they tried to HELP the industry to keep the fees where they should be.

It's another example of the circle of life. Fair warning though SS's....there will be something coming out that could literally "push" you out of that circle. Fair warning though and if I were you I'd think about getting your act together and on the up & up AND start "contributing to" rather than "take from" the team of people that are necessary in the process. It might be the onyl thing that will keep you in the game.

and that's just one way I come back to the BAD SS's. The one that are out there that show respect and value our roll, they get my respect bacl. Don't waste MY time by calling and insulting me, and I wont waste your time just going on with "how to's" to be smarter in your business. That seems fair enough.

jmo

Reply by stampit on 9/28/05 10:19am
Msg #67764

Vent me it too, 1 notary seal is $5.00 in Pennsylvania there is an average of 7 seals in a closing maybe more, fiqure your time, gas, expertise, knowledge,and servece and just say "not unless the price is right".. They hang up their phone call to you, at least one signing service hung up on me today and very rudely without asking or
negotiating. The NOTARY is the KEY and you don't have to do signings for services who think that you are a cog in theri wheel. Did you ever read the fees that in the documents and wonder where that money is going and to whom, it is not the NOTARY.

Reply by HARRY_PA on 9/28/05 11:40am
Msg #67793

Some signing agents struggle. Some ss struggle. I dont take the time to do the math for them. I either take the job or not. Since this is part-time gig for me, I turn down more than I take because of my business daytime. Some of those ss may call you in the future with better fees if you don't insult them. Enjoy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.