Notary Rotary
OT - People, please! (A rant)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 12:53pm
Msg #65916

If your one joy in life is to pick at the contributions and/or questions of others by jumping down their throats, by making snide little side comments, and/or by unnecessarily criticizing someone else -- especially in the spirit of self-righteousness, PLEASE DO IT ELSEWHERE.

This board is NOT for flaming. If you don't want to be of help, don't be! But go to one of the public chatrooms if all you want to do is make a nasty comment to others who are trying to help.

Love truly DOES make the world go round, whether or not you believe it, and not just in times of crises, but ALL the time -- 24/7! So if you feel you cannot contribute what you believe is of true value in the way of constructive suggestions, then please, at least don't add to the fray by saying anything -- you only stoop to the level of those who are not subscribing to this policy when you add your own.

Your SILENCE will speak volumes.

If you weren't fortunate enough to have "Mama," "Papa" or similar teach you that "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing!" -- then you've heard it now. Furthermore, if your attitude is one that constantly looks to undermine others' efforts, eventually it WILL catch up to you and will affect your own success. You cannot hide that attitude forever, even beneath a thinly-veiled cloak of "sweetness."

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/18/05 1:26pm
Msg #65920

Thank you, Iris/WA. If there is one thing worse than a flamer, it's an anonymous shamer...or a "fogger. "

Anytime someone tries to motivate me with FOG: Fear, Obligation (shame) or Guilt, I see it for what it is.

Toxic statements like these are motivators I do not need:

OMG, you could get sued! RED ALERT. Better carry $1M in E&O...and BTW, I will soon sell it.

BUT, if you don't backdate, the bwrs lose their locked in rate!

EVERYONE else does it.

Or the too-good-to-be-truisms...

We are so nice that:
You only have to print ONE copy of the docs. We'll mail them theirs.

My company will pay you immediately and more than you have asked to be paid. (Yes, and I am still waiting for that $175 check from Florida. Done on 8/10. Promised no later than 8/28...it's 9/18. If it continues to be outstanding I will publish the name of the title company in October.)

Reply by Iris Grayson on 9/18/05 2:46pm
Msg #65930

BrendaTX

Hope you don't have to resort to posting the name because it would indicate to me you hadn't yet been paid. I truly know how that feels, especially after being "hooked" by one of those infamous, frequently-talked about SSs.

In other words, GOOD LUCK! Smiley

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/18/05 2:59pm
Msg #65934

Goodness, now who could you be talking about :) NM

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 3:26pm
Msg #65943

Re: Goodness, now who could you be talking about :) NM

*rolling my eyes, twiddling my fingers behind my back*

Hmmmmm...???

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/18/05 3:39pm
Msg #65947

ROTFLMAO NM

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/18/05 3:42pm
Msg #65949

**My company will pay you immediately and more than you have asked to be paid. (Yes, and I am still waiting for that $175 check from Florida. Done on 8/10. Promised no later than 8/28...it's 9/18. If it continues to be outstanding I will publish the name of the title company in October.)**

Hey Charles...I should be clear...it's the concept of "too good to be true" that I say to watch out for. This particular company has never been mentioned or posted here.

"Con" is derived from the word confidence--that's the red flag when someone promises large fees and quick pay to get your confidence...especially when they are in a different state.

A big clue that they are tight wads or no pays -- the fact that they had me ship it back via DHL. This feels hinky. This may very well be my first lost fee in two years. We'll see...and I will post an update at 60 days out.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/18/05 3:58pm
Msg #65952

Con also stands for Convict, we can always hope!

Gee, I guess I was thinking of someone else?????????? Maybe! Maybe I'm just CONfused.

Best regards,
Charles

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/18/05 8:49pm
Msg #65970

gasp....someone....call....911

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/18/05 8:47pm
Msg #65969

***OMG, you could get sued! RED ALERT. Better carry $1M in E&O...and BTW, I will soon sell it.***

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha ...rolling...on...the...floor - choking!!!

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/18/05 9:24pm
Msg #65972

See Brenda, I wasn't the only one :)

TitleGal I'll elaborate off-line. I love it when the schmucks get nailed!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/18/05 9:27pm
Msg #65973

Re: See Brenda, I wasn't the only one :)

I bet I'll beat you to it?? (in progress)

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/18/05 9:43pm
Msg #65977

I'm not much of a gambling man TitleGal NM

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/18/05 9:50pm
Msg #65978

Re: I'm not much of a gambling man TitleGal NM

You would have won!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.