Notary Rotary
Okay...finally, I'm starting to reap some benefits
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 9/21/05 9:03pm
Msg #66548

of my association with my day job. Yes, I'm finally getting those coveted title company signings.

For all you "newbies", I've been part of the title industry for 20 plus years. I've been (diplomatically) suggesting to my EO's..."um, btw, did you know I do signings?" and yet it's taken me 7 months to even get a nibble, now that I'm an independent contractor. Today the dam broke, and things are looking good for the next few months.

So, moral of the story, being a NSA is hard work, even for someone "connected". There's no free ride, even for me. Those cush TC jobs are hard to get, I've had to wait it out and be patient with all those escrow officers/assistants that want to supplement their hard earned paychecks.

I wanted to post this to caution those who fell for that ad campaign in California...you'd think that I'd be sitting in the right place at the right time??? Wrong. I've had to work for it, so please, think twice before you quit those day jobs, and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it's highly likely it is.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/21/05 9:14pm
Msg #66550

Congratulations! Truer words were never spoken. Hard work, diligence and knowing your stuff always pays off in the long run.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/21/05 9:16pm
Msg #66551

Good for you, TitleGal! I am ever so happy to hear that someone is benefiting. Lord knows, most the day jobs surely don't pay that much!

When I worked for a title company, I wondered whether or not it was a conflict of interest to pursue signings in my off hours, so I never did it. Besides, I was worn out learning and handling everything in an 8-hour day ... at least 6-8 signings a day plus copying and packing them off to lenders, plus plus plus. It was certainly high pressure, but I remember wondering why I couldn't benefit at night.

I'm sure your l'il chihuahua guy (?) will love getting all the extra little goodies you will now be able to buy him!

Goodonya!!! Smiley

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/21/05 10:54pm
Msg #66569

Re: Okay...finally, I'm starting to reap some benefits Iris

Thx, Iris...but the trade-off is that I get home later in the day...and if you asked the Chihuahua...he'd much rather I be home to pamper him!

(It's really awful when you have to trade off $175 signings for puppy kisses...I'm thinking the puppy kisses are more valuable???) I'll let you know Smiley

(I can just hear the groanings of the non-dog types out there..."the TGal must be crazy")

Reply by LarryTN on 9/21/05 9:33pm
Msg #66555

Congratulations!
I have been in the business for a year and a half, and have just done my first signing for a title company today! They saaid they got my info from Notary Rotary!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/21/05 11:00pm
Msg #66573

Congrats, Larry! N~M

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 9/22/05 4:37am
Msg #66589

Congrats! It's always nice when you make that breakthrough!

Reply by Ilona_OH on 9/22/05 6:53am
Msg #66600

Those puppy kisses are something to really be coveted.My blind Yorkie can find her way to my face with no problem and she thinks it is her right to groom me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.