Notary Rotary
PA - NEW FEE SCHEDULE v. Signing Companies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by MORITZ - PETER on 9/21/05 3:40pm
Msg #66476

FYI - Vital Signing - I just did a closing for them (they begged). I had to notarize 21 sheets. As of May 23, 2005, we are allowed to charge $5.00 per aff, docs, ID (Patriot). That is $105 just for notarizing! PLEASE take a stand, by supporting ALL Notaries, and increase your fee to $150 - $105 notorization; $25 docs; and $20 for a 1/4 tank of gas! OR more! Thanks!
:} Lori

Reply by Kennedy on 9/21/05 3:54pm
Msg #66479

What state are you in? Does that apply to every state?

Reply by Anonymous on 9/21/05 4:10pm
Msg #66482

Re: Of course it doesn't apply to every state ...

which is why there are so many posts requesting a state abbreviation be used with the signon name

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 9/21/05 4:13pm
Msg #66485

Yes, I would like to know also.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/21/05 4:20pm
Msg #66487

You need to check your SOS and see what the *allowable* notarization rate is and whether it is per document or per signature, and additionally whether your state has a *set* mileage/travel rate.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/21/05 4:49pm
Msg #66490

It says "PA" right in the subject header! N/M

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 9/21/05 5:26pm
Msg #66497

If you noticed she started with PA.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 9/21/05 5:28pm
Msg #66498

Sorry I meant He.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 9/21/05 5:02pm
Msg #66492

In Florida we can charge $10.00 but I never get paid per notarization because you are never told how many they are. Sometimes its only the DOT.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 9/21/05 6:05pm
Msg #66508

Actually, it's $5.00 for a single signature and $2.00 for each additional signature...and don't forget...these fees are not subject to self employment taxes when you do your tax return for the Infernal Revenue Service. It wouldn't bother me if every page needed Notarized because every time I notarize a page, I legally avoid taxation !

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/21/05 7:32pm
Msg #66526

You know it's posts such as this one and the original post the get people in trouble. The very first post stated PA, i.e., Pennsylvania in the subject heading. But NOOOOO, that little point was not even read when the second post asked if it was for every state and then the third post stated "I'd like to know that too" or something along that line.

Again people are just going to take the post about Pennsylvania allowing $5.00 for single signature and $2.00 for each additional signature and *assume* that it pertains to them, whether they live in Pennsylvania or not -- also, what most people will see is *I legally avoid taxation !* which will cause many people to believe that they aren't responsible for ANY taxes.

This biz is not rocket science, but it does take common sense and the initiative to search the notary laws for your own state, and also not to believe everything you read on these boards because notary laws are state-specific and what one state specifies does not mean that each of the 50 states do the same.

Reply by JO_PA on 9/21/05 10:45pm
Msg #66566

The way I read the new law, (according to the PA Govt. site), it is actually $5.00 per afidavit (no matter how many signatures), $5.00 per acknowledgment PLUS $2.00 for each additional signature.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.