Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Please help. I need advice (notary question).
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/10/05 4:39am
Msg #64512

If someone can explain to me how I go about this. I would really appreciate it.
I am very new CA notary .
I have a friend called me and said she needs to give her father a limited power of Attorney in her country to open a bank account for her. I asked her to learn what kind of certificate need to be notarized. She said she does't know. I know that I can not choose a certificate for her. I'll let her to choose one. I would like to learn that Can I notorize a Certification of Power of Attorney? I never did before. I made a lot of search about POA and I am confused. I don't know what to do. Somebody says if the document is going out of the country, it may need a apostille as well. I never heard about this before. I am new, and appreciate your help.

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/10/05 6:47am
Msg #64515

If you would post your name and state, you would be more likely to get a good response.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/10/05 7:39am
Msg #64518

Anonymous is in California

Says he/she is a new notary in Ca.

Needs a California notarySmiley

Reply by patricia on 9/10/05 7:48am
Msg #64520

most likely the bank will provide the document they want notarized.

Reply by DogmongerCA on 9/10/05 8:29am
Msg #64524

If you are a very new notary in CA, suprise, in regards to certifying a POA, please refer to page 13 in your 2005 Notary Handbook. Also further explanation on page 41 under probate code. As for Apostille I could not find the section in the 2005 Handbook, although I am sure there was one in the old handbook, please refer to the SOS website regarding Apostille's and Authentication.
http://www.ss.ca.gov/business/notary/notary_authentication.htm

I know this used to be in the handbook, perhaps I am just too bleary eyed from a late night signing:-) These are great references that should be kept handy:-)

Reply by Anonymous on 9/10/05 11:35am
Msg #64560

Thank you all. This link is really wonderfull.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.