Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Please need help ( again a poa question)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/10/05 3:00pm
Msg #64569

Is there a general form use for Power of Attorney? The POA should be prepared by an attorney? Can we print it over a web site? Or can we buy it? I know that I will not choose a form for customer. I will let them to choose a certificate.I have certification of poa. But it is for certifying a copy of original poa. She need to sign a original one. She does not know how to find the form.

I have read the handbook, search all poa questions. Still not clear. I just want to make sure I take the right steps and understand how to handle this properly.

I know I can only certify that the copy is a copy of a POA, I can not certify an original correct? so my question is: Do they need to have the POA all filled out and signed then make a copy of it so that I can certify the copy?

Please I really need answers. TIA

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/10/05 3:11pm
Msg #64571

Yes there are general POA forms available. No, I won't tell you where or provide any of them. Why? POA's are very powerful documents. If not properly worded, the principal could easily get themselves into a world of hurts. If anyone asks, you should always tell them to seek the advice of legal counsel. Never, ever offer to provide a POA form or assist in the completion of one.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/10/05 11:41pm
Msg #64626

Thank you very much PAW.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/10/05 3:17pm
Msg #64573

Is this the form poa for california

Please check this site out. Is this the form poa for california.
http://www.ilrg.com/forms/powerofattorney-gd/us/ca

Reply by Lee_AR on 9/10/05 4:29pm
Msg #64582

What part of PAW's response didn't you understand? (nm)

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/10/05 5:28pm
Msg #64586

Re: What part of PAW's response didn't you understand? (nm)

Yeah, what he said! It appears from the assembly of the original question that this poster may have limited English. The form the person chose from the website was a durable POA, this poster has no idea the mayhem and damage this form can cause in the wrong hands: that's why they are reserved for use by attorneys ONLY unless the user knows that is what they need.]and is willing to taket the chance.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/10/05 5:30pm
Msg #64587

Read the "I'm a little confused" post above. This is a perfect example. Incredible

Reply by PartikgirlNJ on 9/10/05 5:44pm
Msg #64590

Hate to add to the rank and file but DONT DO A POA if you don't FULLY understand the power the signer is providing by signing POA.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/10/05 6:51pm
Msg #64599

Anonymous, STOP - do not pass go and do not collect $200.

***She need to sign a original one. She does not know how to find the form*** Don't provide the form to her. If you are presented with an original POA, you would only be acknowledging signatures.

Check your state manual or call your SOS. It sounds like you're attempting to attach a certification form (for an original POA) to an original....... or something else that I can't quite discern from your post and I've read it twice.

Certainly, it sounds like you are out of your comfort zone in this. If your customer needs an original, explain you aren't an attorney and can't provide that. Never, ever provide original documents, you will be quilty of unauthorized practice of law.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/10/05 11:58pm
Msg #64630

Thank you for advices. Really helped me.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/11/05 1:18am
Msg #64640

Re: Thank you for advices. Really helped me.

Keep in mind, that if you aren't sure what you are doing, you can always refuse to do the signing or refer them to another notary. That's certainly better than getting in over your head and risking getting involved in a legal nightmare.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.