Notary Rotary
Question First Lien Letter, Please Help/CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/10/05 2:29pm
Msg #64566

I am about to complete my first signing and there is a document that says on the top: First Lien Letter

It says on this letter: Closing Agent and Date

Do I put name as the closing agent when doing this refinance?

One paragaph on this document says: We do hereby verify that the subject Deed of Trust/Mortgage has been submitted for recording and all prior liens have been extinguished so that Deed of Trust/Mortgage is valid first lien on property.

Thanks for any responses

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 9/10/05 2:38pm
Msg #64567

Sounds like a form for the title company to sign. Only the person who actually has knowledge that the DOT has been submitted for recording and they have paid off previous lien can sign. Good luck.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/10/05 2:50pm
Msg #64568

So I should just leave that form blank, Correct ?

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/10/05 3:15pm
Msg #64572

Yes. You are not the closing agent or the settlement agent.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/10/05 6:55pm
Msg #64600

Anonymous, the only one able to provide this statement is the escrow agent/title company and you are not it.

Only someone responsible for paying off the prior lien could make that statement, and that would be the title company only. Leave it blank.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.