Notary Rotary
QuickLoanFunding...Normon Osborn or the Green Goblin
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Barry Silver on 9/7/05 2:09am
Msg #63952

I did conduct a search on QuickLoanFunding on this site and the internet. Aside from more than a dozen advertisements, I could not find anything negative about them. So we accepted the assignment handed to my company by the loan officer after agreeing to the fee. Since Saturday, I have been trying to get the address, shipper, and account number to return the documents. Despite three phone calls and eight E-Mails trying to get this information, I still can not get an answer. I told them I will call the borrowers tomorrow to give them an update of progress or lack thereof.

I finally stumbled on information QuickLoanFunding did not mean for me to have. Apparently QuickLoanFunding's "In-House" closing company and possible subsidiary (the representatives will not give me a straight answer on this - they did admit their "In-House" does work in their building - even though I noted the two different addresses) is none other than...

Have I peaked your curiosity?

SOX A/K/A Sign on the X.

If you thought trying to get payment out of SOX was difficult, just try and get the return document information when the L O reaches ouside their closely woven network! As Charlie Brown and the gang from "Peanuts" say so frequently, "Good Grief!"

If you get an assignment from QuickLoanFunding, beware the pitfalls that I have already experienced with them.

If you worked for QuickLoanFunding already and had positive experiences, please share that as well.

Reply by patricia on 9/7/05 8:41am
Msg #63968

do you know if QuickLoanFunding is aware of the reputation SOX has? Why not let them know?

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/7/05 8:50am
Msg #63970

I did let them know my experience. I also suggested they get on the notary boards, type SOX as the topic and post the question, "Any word on this outfit?" From what I pieced together, SOX is owned by QuickLoanFunding, or there is another similar relationship, which is preventing them from severing their work relationship.

I spoke to three different people to let them know that SOX probably has the second worst reputation in the notary communicty, second only to that outfit in AZ (I think most understand the reference). I informed them that it takes approx 42+ days to be paid, and that is only with constant phone calls and faxing invoices.

The information appeared to have fallen on deaf ears.

Reply by Brenda_CO on 9/7/05 9:47am
Msg #63982

Barry, please excuse my ignorance, but what is the company in AZ that could possible be worse than SOX? If there is a another SOX out there, I want to know about it!!

Reply by Hampton_CA on 9/7/05 9:49am
Msg #63983

Notary America -- top of the list n/m

Reply by Brenda_CO on 9/7/05 9:57am
Msg #63986

Re: Notary America -- top of the list n/m

Thanks a bunch! They are now on my "list"!!

Reply by Hampton_CA on 9/7/05 10:03am
Msg #63988

Notary America is closed

To the best of my knowledge, Notary America is closed. They may have reopened as Southwest Notary and/or Southwest Notary Agency. I'm passing on info that I've read before. I've never been called by either of these two companies.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/7/05 11:16am
Msg #63995

The company in AZ that the BBB and NNA has warned us about is owned by Lisa & Dennis Schreiber. I understand they have been with a couple of companies and the notaries were never paid before the companies closed down. The latest I saw on this board is that someone said that Lisa called her pretending to be a title company.

Signing Agents Warned Again About Tucson Company

By Nevin Barich
NSA Now: Issue #37 — May 2005

The Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Southern Arizona has again issued a warning to Notary Signing Agents across the United States about a Tucson company that has allegedly failed to pay for services rendered.

Signature One was formerly known as Notary America and Southwest Notaries, firms which received more than 70 complaints regarding nonpayment over a 36-month period, according to the BBB's report. The company is again recruiting Signing Agents to conduct loan closings, the report states.

An NSA Now story last December reported that a company official told the BBB that the firm had suffered an embezzlement and that was the reason for nonpayment. However, the company's explanation was inconsistent with known procedures used by law enforcement during an embezzlement probe, said Tom Collier, president of Southern Arizona's BBB.

Signing Agents are reminded to contact their local Better Business Bureau if they feel the company they contracted with is engaging in unscrupulous business practices.

To contact the BBB of Southern Arizona, visit their Web site or call (800) 696-2827, or (520) 888-5353 outside the Tucson area.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 9/7/05 11:42am
Msg #64001

QuickLoan Funding is a broker, SOX is who handles almost all inside and outside signings for them. It is one of SOX biggest clients or biggest

the last known inside info I had was:

SOX places a couple of people inhouse for QLF.
So SOX will be the one who pays the bills, so you will actually be dealing with the SOX group.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.