Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
RTC - when notary has to fill in info...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by CVSigner on 9/27/05 12:52pm
Msg #67604

When you have to fill in the transaction date and RTC date, do get the borrowers to initial next to the entries. Countrywide just told me never to have borrowers initial unless there was a change made. Other companies want borrowers to initial if the notary has to complete these dates. Once bitten, twice shy

Reply by Brasring_Ca on 9/27/05 1:05pm
Msg #67615

Personally.... I always have the Borrower(s) initial both today's date and the RTC date. If it has not been previousely filled in, I have the borrower write the date and then initial it and the same for the RTC date that I tell them to put in the space. This way there is no doubt about if they knew what the dates were or not! This is not legal advice, just the way that I always perform this document.

This document does not get recorded and so initials won't hurt, is my feeling on this.

Michelle

Reply by CVSigner on 9/27/05 1:15pm
Msg #67620

CountryWide say no...

That's what I did but then I received a call from CountryWide saying you only need initials if a change has been made. Now I have to go back out to get a revised RTC with no initials.

Reply by Brasring_Ca on 9/27/05 1:19pm
Msg #67622

Re: CountryWide say no...

Picky, Picky, Picky...... I guess you will need to make a mental note that on their loans... do not have the borrower(s) initial. Sorry you have to go back. :(

Reply by B__CA on 9/27/05 3:05pm
Msg #67637

Re: CountryWide say no...

there are quite a few companies that do not want us to have the borrowers initial unless we are crossing thru a date.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/27/05 3:14pm
Msg #67639

Re: CountryWide has specific written instructions ...

which clearly state not to have Borrower(s) initial *unless* a change in the dates has been made.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/27/05 1:18pm
Msg #67621

Thats the way I always did it too. Until I did a countrywide, they don't want it initialed unless there is a change made. Which really does make sense. I had to go back and do it their way, so now I always check with the company. (and get a name, just in case)

Reply by CVSigner on 9/27/05 5:05pm
Msg #67657

I never received any instructions verbal, written or otherwise from Countrywide until I received the call this morning. Now I know. The guy from Countrywide apologized for not sending me the instructions and then quickly made excuses about how it was last minute, late at night, blah blah blah

Reply by Fay Hudson on 9/27/05 6:35pm
Msg #67671

and that is why I refuse to work with Countrywide.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.