Saturday Bargains
Notary Discussion History

Saturday Bargains
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Nd_WA on 9/24/05 5:58pm
Msg #67172

Saturday Bargains

SS#1: Edoc signing today open time
Me: Sure, how much you pay for this one?
SS: $75 with $35 for no sign (guess who?)
Me: Nope, I can do it for $xxx.
SS: But the signing is only 6.4 miles away and it showed you travel further for that amount.
Me: Sorry, my fee is per signing not by distance. It's probably been a year since I signed up with your company and that quoted fee is my base (not with edoc).
SS: That's why we can't give you any work.
Me: Oh well, thanks for the call but no thanks.

SS#2: Edoc combo to sign any time this weekend.
Me: How much?
SS: $110
Me: No way. $xxx
SS: OMG, that's $x more than the HUD show.
Me: Thank you.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/24/05 7:10pm
Msg #67176

What? You didn't JUMP at the chances? LOL !!!!

Ummm.... #1 - Notary Pro?

Reply by TCMN on 9/25/05 3:07am
Msg #67208

Re: Saturday Bargains- TOO funny

I was thinking NotaryPro to Iris.

But what about this one I got last night on my way back from a signing( where I had to return because the lender forgot the quit claim) and had to get it and take it back to be signed.

SS: Hey, wondering if you would drive about 40 minutes to ABC town for almost nothing ($100) for pay and Edocs to boot, I could really use the favor.
ME: ABC town is really an hour and fifteen minutes from me....but for nothing you say...
SS: Well, ALMOST nothing. (they actually said , well $100 is higher than we usually pay)
ME: Nope, don't think so, I'm busy (and I tell them what I'm doing - mentioned above)
SS: but what about like 10:30-11pm? when your done with that?
ME: my fee would be $225 for driving that distance, printing the AMERIQUEST loan AND the copy of the borrowers "novel"lol (did I fail to tell you that I don't think he was going to tell me that but I asked who the lender was....I just thought it would be good to wait to throw that in now to get the full effect) Oh, I charge extra for Ameriquest...they are a pain, too much wasted paper and not-so-smart LO's, they always have problems.
SS: well I can't pay that, we're only making $125.
ME: Well then you need to re-evaluate what you charge because your getting ripped off and I refuse to be. Have a great night.

Can anyone guess that SS?

Reply by Nd_WA on 9/25/05 6:33am
Msg #67213

The first call (NP it is) came when I was getting ready to leave for Saturday market with the wife & kids. The second came just minutes after we got home, see the irony here?

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/25/05 8:29am
Msg #67215

At least you both were quoted above $50. My 1st pet peeve all this week has been these SS's that want me to travel 40+ 1-way for $50+edocs. My 2nd is the NSA's in my area doing it for these prices.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/25/05 10:11am
Msg #67219

Ameriquest! "Slowly I turned ... step-by-step ..." LOL

If you missed that reference, it was to an old Abbott & Costello routine. Everytime the character in one of those great, old episodes heard a certain keyword, he'd go off the deep end! That's one of my keywords! LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.