Notary Rotary
Signature plus aka sox?
Notary Discussion History

Signature plus aka sox?
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/15/05 5:04pm
Msg #65467

Signature plus aka sox?

I received a call for a last minute signing from Signature plus; the call was one hour before the schedule
app. I accepted but it sounded to me like a familiar name, so I logged on the not rot and saw of their terrible
reputation, by that time it was already 20 minutes and no comfirmation letter, so I called to cancel and the number from where they called me, rang for 2 minutes and nobody answered it.

I did a reverse look in their number and nothing came up. Finnally I found their office number and called to cancel and they asked me of why I was cancelling? I said because of your real bad reputation paying other notaries.

She put me on hold because the owner of the company wanted to talk to me, I waited 5 minutes of my cell time, I eventually hang up.

2 minutes later somebody called me from their office and they promised me payment. I said NO!
We have made some changes but now we are paying on time, yeah right!

Minutes later the loan officer called me to comfirm our appointment with the borrower, I told him, no I cancelled that signing and I didnt tell him the reason.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/15/05 5:14pm
Msg #65468

Re: Signature plus aka sox? Shoulda told him!

If you can make the point without it looking like sour grapes you should have told the Loan Officer. If the Loan officer doesn't know how can he correct the situation by going to someone else. Also if you tell the loan officer that you won't work for someone because they don't pay it does not make you look capricious. Everyone can relate to not getting paid and the last time I checked no one really likes it. I recently had a very similar situation and ws called by the title company to ask about documentation. I told the title officer that I was not going to do the signing and when I title officer asked why I told her it was becase of the bad credit reputiton of the company. The title officer ask if she could hire me directly. Since I avoid contracts I had no problems saying yes! I was offered a lot more by the title officer than by the non-paying company, a great ending in my book.

Best regards,
Charles

Reply by CaSigner on 9/15/05 6:12pm
Msg #65489

I was called by SP last night as well

I received a call from Signatures Plus last night at 6 p.m. for a last minute signing. She said the owners had the doc but she was having problems finding a notary. I said no of course even though she met my price.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/15/05 6:34pm
Msg #65499

100% agreement here

You definitely should have told the loan officer the reason you cancelled the signing. Signatures Plus/SOX has *the* worst reputation in the signing industry, anything we can do to facilitate their loss of business is a favor to everyone in the industry.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.