Notary Rotary
Someone watching over us.......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by TLR_KY on 9/20/05 12:28pm
Msg #66184

Folks, I just had to share this with everyone. You ever had one of those days where you just know something is going to happen. First I had a wonderful TC call and the last name of the lady was Christ. I thought that was neat but the County I went to was called Christian Co. Both of these had crossed my mind but was not paid that much mind to. After a wonder signing I left the BRW'r house which was located in the country with fields on both sides of the road. This area had very few homes and posted a 55mph sign. I had a pretty far drive to get back home and it was almost dark. As I started out on this road I noticed 4 deers playing beside the road to my right. I travel maybe 100 yards and saw deer playing on the left side of the road. Something told me right then to drive slow in case a deer ran out in front of me. I came upon 2 houses on this road. One house across from the other. I was driving slow still because I was afraid of hitting a deer. When I got in front of the houses I noticed to my right a little boy running into the road in front of me. I hit my brakes and stopped with the little 2 year old standing in front of my truch and his mother screaming from his driveway. Any other time I probably would have been going too fast to stop but on this night, on this day, thank God I did. Just wanted to share.

Reply by ColleenCA on 9/20/05 12:36pm
Msg #66187

Thank goodness! I am a true believer in devine intervention. These beautiful deer were there to make you slow down, I have no doubt about it.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/20/05 12:40pm
Msg #66188

I love hearing anecdotal tales such as this. And while I agree someone watches over us, it's up to US to heed the signals. And you did just that!

How fortunate and blessed was everyone involved.

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your day. Smiley

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/20/05 12:40pm
Msg #66189

Re: Someone watching over us...I agree

Thats a great story. I know that I have had my fat plucked out of the fire often enough through no effort of my own.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 9/20/05 12:47pm
Msg #66191

God is watching over us no doubt. Everyone was blessed because you did pay attention to the signs around you and made the right decision. Thanks for sharing.

Reply by corona71 on 9/20/05 12:57pm
Msg #66194

It is amazing what things come into our conscience and for what reasons. It should make people stop and think, and wonder who is really in control! Thank God for that wonderous sign.

Reply by Cris_AR on 9/20/05 2:12pm
Msg #66210

One day when my youngest was two, I ran to the car to load it, he followed me and ran straight into the street after a dog, a car was coming and she did not see him (he was small) she saw me running and she slid for quite a ways as I grabbed him, this scene is STILL ingrained in my head, we were very blessed that day! excuse my grammer and spelling, this post reminds me so much of that day! Thanks for sharing, thank goodness everything turned out ok.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/20/05 2:20pm
Msg #66215

this reminded me of a sledding incident several years ago where my girlfriend had her 3 year old in a sled and let her slide down to me. She veered over to the left about 5 feet and I took off to catch her as she slide into the street before an oncoming car. I didn't even think about getting killed. I just needed to get her out of the way. My girlfriend broke down and cried as she witnessed this scene, my adrenaline was so pumped I was shaking for 10 minutes. I believe we all have guardian angels!

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/20/05 2:18pm
Msg #66213

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. You should send it into Guidepost Magazine... http://www.guidepostsmag.com/ . They have a section on "His Mysterious Ways" and information on how to submit your story.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.