Notary Rotary
Texans, I have the vapors...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 9/5/05 11:12pm
Msg #63826

"I cannot believe what I just saw...bring the "recipe," John-Boy!

On a listing board (http://www.notarystudy.com) pull up the Texas notaries - there is a gal on there charging $40 / $10 for eDocs. It's her American right, but that really disturbs me," said BrendaTx right before she fainted and fell over into a dainty heap.

(And, the question begged to be answered: Can heaps be dainty?)

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/5/05 11:21pm
Msg #63827

I have an aunt...who is a certifiable hypochondriac. We were out shopping in a large Southern California Mall. She got a case of the vapors, in the middle of Macy's and collapsed in a heap under a rounder rack of silk blouses. She was wearing all beige...beige pants, blouse and shoes. I laughed later (it's always funny later) as I told her "Aunt Beth, you were a beige heap on the floor".

No, heaps are not dainty, even fashionable beige heaps.

Reply by Desiree Roman Innovations, Inc. on 9/5/05 11:57pm
Msg #63833

I took a look just to see for myself, and wow~ I can hardly believe it. In her defense, she is also charging .40 cents per mile, so it does up her price a bit (to say the least). What's incredulous to me is how anyone can print edocs for $10! That's amazing! She's obviously a newbie and hasn't yet received those 100+ loan docs with borrower copies to be printed as well. Give her a few weeks: when she's out of paper and ink and the payments aren't covering her expenses, she'll adjust her prices. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/6/05 5:28am
Msg #63839

Even at .40 per mile, if her base is to cover 25 miles and she's charging for that it is on $10 more w/ 10 for eDocs.

I would suspect, however, that the .40 per mile is only out of her coverage area.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/6/05 7:41am
Msg #63844

dainty heaps...I don't know, but you can daintily faint if you took acting lessons Smiley

I think I'll give this woman a call and get her perspective on why she feels her work is only worth $40./$10. That is, after I go collecting all the boxes I begged for on Friday!

It's either ignorance or competition, care to place a wager?

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/6/05 8:53am
Msg #63847

I wager in on ignorance.

Reply by CharlotteTX on 9/6/05 2:43pm
Msg #63879

O.K. Brenda I had a looksie at this well &*#@ I'm supposed to be a lady.So I'll just not comment.

Reply by Pandagirl28 on 9/6/05 7:23pm
Msg #63904

A phone call is DEFINITELY in order here. You know she gets a TON of calls.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.