Notary Rotary
Today I feel like I'm in a card game -- I'll up your $65 by
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 9/15/05 10:11am
Msg #65348

It's only 9:00 today and I've turned down two signings and accepted one after some negotiation. The one I accepted was a back and forth *bidding* war. I finally got them within $5.00 of my rate; signing is not too far away, so I agreed.

Second SS would not budge on their fee, so I simply said no thank you.

Third SS is the best excuse winner for the day, probably even the year. Unknown SS calls for a signing at noon. Told him I was unavailable. Asked if I was available later in the evening. Told him I already had scheduled signings. Well, what about tomorrow? This guy was really beginning to sound desperate so I asked what he paid. $80 for edocs. I said I couldn't do it for that and told him my fee and my excess mileage rate because it was outside my basic signing area. His comeback was "well, our e-docs are a little different than others. We go into the web site and bring them down ourself and convert them into PDF for you." I told him that I still had to print them, whether I got them from him in PDF or whether I got them through a web site -- an edoc fee is an edoc fee.

Reply by Deb_CO on 9/15/05 11:41am
Msg #65373

Heyyy, I've played that game before!! ;)

Carolyn, you and I must be on the same callers lists today. The funny one is that company for the 12:00 and he did the same with me--when the time and the price were discussed, it went downhill from there...I could not accomodate either. He will find someone, no doubt, but it's funny how THEY are in the bind, but want YOU to feel the pinch. Kicker on it, he could not even promise docs in time for the appt, so someone could be twiddle their thumbs this afternoon, waiting. It won't be me, and it won't be you ;)

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/15/05 12:05pm
Msg #65376

Re: Heyyy, I've played that game before!! ;)

Deb,
I'm sure that is why he was so interested in my availability this evening and tomorrow. I just couldn't believe he felt he was giving me/us a break by converting the docs himself. Unless those docs are going to come shooting through my computer screen, he's getting charged a *straight* e-doc printing charge from me.

Unfortunately, you are right -- he will find someone who will grab it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.