Notary Rotary
Today's Rant!!
Notary Discussion History

Today's Rant!!
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Iris_WA on 9/14/05 6:41pm
Msg #65241

Today's Rant!!

Did a signing in mid-July for an out-of-state SS for whom I'd done a few signings in years past. I jumped through all their hoops -- which were many!

Within an hour of receiving the signing assignment, I received two e-mails saying "We have not received the tracking number yet. Please send it." For gosh sake!! The signing hadn't even happened yet!

They sent me MASSIVE e-mail instructions in the beginning, the documents themselves were a total mess (not the SS's fault) -- almost everyone which said it was an acknowledgment had "duly sworn and deposed" in the body of the document, requiring me to attach a loose certificate for almost every single jurat/acknowledgement (of about 12 in the package), masses of fax-backs, etc.

Despite the fact I e-mailed tracking number as soon as signing was concluded, I received a call the following day at 6:00 AM asking why they hadn't received the information!

I filled out and faxed to them my invoice AND their required monthly job sheet during the required period. That instruction says they will pay by the 30th of the following month.

When the check was two weeks late, I emailed that payment was overdue. Got a response back the next day saying "will research and issue check if not already mailed." A few days later, no mail and no word. I emailed again and asked only to be advised of status.

Finally today, I received a check from them (mailed three days AFTER my overdue notice) and FORWARDED TO ME FROM MY OLD ADDRESS despite the fact that both my invoice AND my address appeared on their paperwork.

ARRRRRRGGGH! I'm done now, and I feel a bit better for having vented. Thanks for being here NotaryRotary so I could get this off my chest. Only another SA can understand the frustrations of this.

Reply by JMLionesse on 9/14/05 8:12pm
Msg #65253

Wow Iris! That's awful!! Can you say who the SS is, so I personally can avoid them like the plague??? Yikes!

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/14/05 9:18pm
Msg #65265

I don't like to say these things in public since is just my experience.

If you send me an email, I will let you know in private, but please bear in mind -- IT IS ONLY MY EXPERIENCE and does not necessarily make them a "bad" SS.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/15/05 8:48am
Msg #65329

if they are locatd in FL, I know who they are. I used to do quite a few for them, then they started getting greedy and unreasonable. Docked me $50 on one signing, becasue they didn't have the TC docs and told me to go anyway, I would get paid. A week later, they were all on me for not having the title docs in the package. Wouldn't give me a trip fee to return to have the rest of the docs signed (45 miles RT), and that was the last straw for me. I told them to take me out of their database, and it was the best thing I did. One less unorganized company I didn't have to worry about jumping thru hoops, waiting on docs that never arrive,
faxing back, and WAITING for payments. Can you imagine doing a signing 9/1/05 and not getting a check cut until 10/31, then waiting until it is actually sent? Geez, a person can go broke that way.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/15/05 12:09pm
Msg #65388

That's awful, Mistarella!

I think it's completely unconscionable! The idea that they would even THINK to dock you because of a fault not yours AND with their foreknowledge.

My entire income is based on only a few signings a month, so when one or another of them don't pay relatively timely, it REALLY hurts.

I think it's a good idea to have them remove me from their database! I just don't need the headaches.

DONE!

You have yourself a good day, okay? Okay! Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.