Notary Rotary
Use of CA Jurat stamp
Notary Discussion History

Use of CA Jurat stamp
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by CVSigner on 9/24/05 3:09pm
Msg #67154

Use of CA Jurat stamp

I have document with old jurat wording. I have a small space next to the incorrect wording that will fit either my jurat stamp OR my notary stamp, but not both. Next to the incorrect jurat wording there are blank lines extending each information line so in essance I can stamp the jurat stamp there but it will have a few lines through it. My question is: can the jurat stamp have a few lines through it? Or does it have to be clear and 100% readible (I know that sounds silly). I ask this because I called Citibank and they said under no circumstances am I to attach a loose jurat form because then they have to pay for another piece of paper to be recorded.

Reply by B__CA on 9/24/05 3:27pm
Msg #67158

I, myself had a small stamp made up with the additional wording only. I just stamp it under the existing wording. Works great.

The lines probably won't matter for the Jurat stamp, it is notary stamp that can not be stamped over printed matter.

Myself I would not of called. We have to follow CA law and if we did not have a Jurat stamp, as some notaries do not, they are going to add a loose Jurat to comply with the new law wording. These companies need to get real, they were the ones that sent out the form that is not CA legal, you are only trying to comply, if you add a page they can pay the fee.

Reply by CVSigner on 9/24/05 3:31pm
Msg #67159

Ya, that is why I thought I would reserve the blank space for my notary stamp and then see if I could use the jurat stamp on top of the existing blank lines. I just didn't know if the jurat stamp had to be clear of all "interferences" so to speak as does the notary stamp. There is definitly not room for both on a blank spot.

Reply by B__CA on 9/24/05 9:45pm
Msg #67199

Think about all the companies we get copies from, there are a few that need to really clean their printers or copy machines. One large company comes to mind and it doesn't matter what office they come from all packages seem to be like this. So, I really don't think the company will care about the lines.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/24/05 7:26pm
Msg #67181

I run into this situation often and will put the jurat stamp where the lines are or in the bottom margin of the page if there is room. The notary seal is always clear and clean.

Reply by CVSigner on 9/24/05 10:15pm
Msg #67200

stamp where lines are...

even if some of the lines cover the jurat stamp?

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/25/05 12:05am
Msg #67205

Re: stamp where lines are...

It can still be read.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.