Notary Rotary
Work Order Templates
Notary Discussion History

Work Order Templates
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Harry [NR] on 9/20/05 3:39am
Msg #66127

Work Order Templates

For those of you who are either currently using the Work Orders system or are considering it, I just added basic "signing" templates to all programs. This means you should no longer see the following message when clicking the Print Doc button:

"Select this option to track a loan or other document signing."

The signing orders now look something like this:

http://www.notaryrotary.com/library/sample_order.pdf

When I have a little more time, I'll add a "Directions" link to the Signing Location to provide you with quick access to driving directions. As well, I will be adding the ability to generate invoices which will be similar in appearance to the Work Order.

Thanks,
Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by HDW_TN37323 on 9/20/05 5:08am
Msg #66130

Thanks for the update, Harry

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/20/05 8:19am
Msg #66139

Just a couple of comments.

Under "Signer Information", possibly add a check box to show a NOB (Non-Obligated Borrower). This may be advantageous if asked about the signing sometime later.

Under "Signing Details", possibly add a "Property Location" field. Quite frequently, the property location is not the same as the signing location, especially for 2nd home, investment, etc.

Under "Participants", possibly add "Lender" to the list.

Just some ramblings from the sunny, windy and possibly wet, south.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 9/20/05 10:59am
Msg #66168

Thanks for the feedback, Paul. A lender can, in fact, be added to the participants section by clicking the [Edit] link on the Work Order. After that, [Add New] must be clicked... The down-side is that the lender selection list is currently somewhat limited and I'm not sure some of the companies we have coded as lenders are, in fact, lenders. Obviously, we're missing many of the really big ones and we may have coded some brokers or title/escrow companies as lenders.

I will look into adding a non-obligated borrower indicator as well as a property location section. If I remember correctly, I had omitted the latter when I originally put the Work Orders system together because I felt it would have little significance to the order, at least from a notary's standpoint. Your comments indicate this may not be the case.

Thanks, again,
Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by Negretes Notary Service on 9/20/05 8:27am
Msg #66141

This program is looking more and more like the one I use Harry. I like what I see though, maybe I can talk to you about if you get a min too.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 9/20/05 11:24am
Msg #66173

It's really not a lot different than it was when we first introduced it a couple years ago. Recently, however, I have taken the time to clean up a few things and to add some others. Work Orders, for example, are now somewhat specific to the role of the intended recipient. In your case, the order that is generated for a title company client will display your fee to them, but not the notary fee. The notary's version, on the other hand, will list the notary fee along with any standard signing instructions you have for them.

I have also enabled order routing. In short, program sponsors can now quickly send HTML-based e-mail to order participants detailing the order, signing instructions, etc. If there were a need for it, we could probably also send them as PDF attachments or faxes, though HTML affords a much greater level of interactivity (like the Driving Directions hyperlink). Next, I am considering the addition of SMS Text messaging to keep sponsors apprised of signing activity.

As well, several other features I've had "under development" for quite some time will probably be released soon. One is the addition of package logistics. Order participants will be able to tie shipping information to the order (e.g. Package sent from [Notary] to [Title Company] via UPS on 9/15/2005 with tracking number of 1Z96YFFFFFFFFFFFF). We'll see how that goes.

Finally, you might be wondering if the system will be available as a branded or turn-key solution. Though it could be done, there are still no plans for this. The idea remains (and always has been) to offer notaries and their clients a uniform platform for coordinating work flow. That is also how we're able to make the Work Orders system available for free to select companies.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.