Notary Rotary
Wrong YEAR on docs...
Notary Discussion History

Wrong YEAR on docs...
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Amy_CO on 9/28/05 10:01pm
Msg #67893

Wrong YEAR on docs...

My last signing of the day, got to the signing and came to the tax info with preprinted datesand they were for Septemer 26, 2006. I had checked the date before I left and noticed the September 26 part.

Should I change all the dates or wait to call in the morning? I did a search for wrong year and came up with nothing.

Thanks.

Reply by John Humphrey on 9/28/05 10:11pm
Msg #67895

I don't know what state you're in, but in California it's perfectly acceptable to draw a line through the incorrect information, write the correct information and initial it.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/28/05 10:11pm
Msg #67896

Depends on the form. Some tax forms show the _next_ tax due date. So, if the current year taxes are paid, and they are due on 9/26, then next year taxes would be due 9/26/06. It may not be a mistake.

And, if it is on the form I'm thinking of, there's nothing for you or the borrowers to do or sign.

Reply by Amy_CO on 9/28/05 10:16pm
Msg #67898

The borrowers noticed it on the tax information form but the wrong year is on ALL docs. The deed, the note etc. There was no right to cancel because it is a refi on a second property.

Reply by Amy_CO on 9/28/05 10:18pm
Msg #67900

I should reword this question

The wrong year was on ALL the docs except the funding date. The deed, the note, etc. All Sept 26, 2006.

Do I change the year on everything?

Reply by Anonymous on 9/28/05 10:34pm
Msg #67902

Re: I should reword this question

What did the loan officer say when you called to question the dates? and if you haven't called why not?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/29/05 7:39am
Msg #67912

Making changes on docs

Don't make any changes without approval of the title company and/or lender. If you got the assignment through an SS, be sure they get the okay from the lender/title and tell you WHO said WHAT and WHEN. Be sure to document the approval so if asked at a later time, you can correctly respond. Of course, if the answer is "don't make any changes", then the signing would need to be aborted and docs redrawn to correct the dates.

Reply by Amy_CO on 9/29/05 9:07am
Msg #67917

Re: Making changes on docs

Thanks. I put an email into the title co and the ss this morning.

Reply by Amy_CO on 9/29/05 9:11am
Msg #67918

Also, should I...

charge mu full edoc fee for a second trip if that is what happens?

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/29/05 9:48am
Msg #67920

Re: Also, should I...

Amy_CO,

I would charge full edoc fee for this one and charge for the 2nd trip. It would be different if you made the error, then it's a freebie!
Sounds like you're having a week like I had last week.

Best to You
Teddog_CO

Reply by Amy_CO on 9/29/05 9:50am
Msg #67922

My first week doing this full time. Printer problems, cancelled signings, etc. I definately need to work out the kinks.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/29/05 10:14am
Msg #67924

It sure can be a Challenge!! Just don't panic-stop and take a deep breath and give it a try again. I know I'm on a first name basis with every Tech support person known on the planet.LOL
I do this full-time myself, so it's for "all the marbles" Now's the time to get organized and learn to expect some of the strangest problems you will ever hear of in your lifetime! Keep all your manuels handy (just in case) You'll have days when you don't get one call and other days when you need 5 people to help you and 48 hrs in the day instead of 24 hours LOL But overall I would never turn back. It can be a lot of fun and you meet some very nice people too boot. Soooo! get lots of legal size paper,extra toner, blk & blue pens and a Very good map for the car. Keep emergency supplies in the car! You know how the weather is LOL If you ever need Help give me a call I'll try and help. Market Market Market!! Your business when it's slow.
Keep the Shiney Side Up
Teddog_CO

Reply by Amy_CO on 9/29/05 10:44am
Msg #67928

Thanks for the kind words. I got into this to have a more flexible schedule with my kids. I think it will pay off after the kinks are worked out. I see alot of posts about newbies underpricing but I am running this like a busines with competative pricing. The only thing I've seen this week, which is frustrating, is last minute cancellations. I did a search about cancellations and decided to put on my profile a $30 cancellation fee if edocs were printed and the signig cancelled

Thanks again for the help.

Reply by Cherilyn_CO on 9/29/05 10:58am
Msg #67931

I did a signing where all docs were dated 2000

No one was available at all as it was a nighttime closing. Next day I emailed title and told them. No one responded and I sent them back. I got paid and never had to go back out so I suppose it was ok.

Again, I'm going to ask...DOESN'T ANYONE LOOK OVER THE DOCUMENTS BEFORE THEY SEND THEM TO US???

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/29/05 11:22am
Msg #67934

Re: I did a signing where all docs were dated 2000

I open and go over those docs the minute they arrive!! It's saved my butt more then once!

Teddog_CO

Reply by Cherilyn_CO on 9/29/05 12:39pm
Msg #67946

I meant before they get to us...

There seems to always be misspellings, incorrect addresses and dates. Doesn't anyone proof these?

Reply by Cherilyn_CO on 9/29/05 12:39pm
Msg #67947

I meant before they get to us...

There seems to always be misspellings, incorrect addresses and dates. Doesn't anyone proof these?

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/29/05 12:53pm
Msg #67955

Re: I meant before they get to us...

I had a signing Monday evening at Starbucks in Brighton = Adams County, right? All documents were Adams County until we get to title insurance docs. Every doc had Greeley, Weld County. Of course, not able to reach anyone by telephone.
Borrowers - "do you think this will hold up the loan?"

Reply by Amy_CO on 9/29/05 1:17pm
Msg #67966

Re: I meant before they get to us...

well they are redrawing the docs and I am going back out tonight and they are paying my full fee again for essentially another signing.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/29/05 6:11pm
Msg #68022

To Cherilyn_CO

Talk about Proofing problems- I get now LOL Trust me I Often wonder if anyone reads those docs over before they send them out, I've seen some downright laughable errors.

Teddog_CO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.