Notary Rotary
$25.00 recission fee????
Notary Discussion History

$25.00 recission fee????
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Jacqi Shifflett on 9/7/05 8:22am
Msg #63966

$25.00 recission fee????

Got a call from Advantage Equity Services out of Pittsburgh yesterday. Upon reviewing the new notary sign up packet, I noticed there is a provision that states the notary will only be paid $25.00 if the loan recinds. Anyone ever come across this before? I feel as though if we complete our job we should be paid the quoted fee. They are very generous with the e docs fee by the way.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/7/05 8:43am
Msg #63969

Re: $25.00 recission fee???? Unacceptable

I do not believe in this kind of practice. I believe our fees are based on services rendered, not sales made. We are supposed to be paid fees, not commissions or consolation prizes. To me, this is completely unacceptable, and this sounds like a company from whom I would keep my distance.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 9/7/05 9:10am
Msg #63971

Jacqui: Found their website, but no link to notary sign up. How did you get your pkg?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/7/05 12:31pm
Msg #64007

Re: $25.00 rescission fee????

As Barry says, this is unacceptable. As long as we do what we are contracted to do - which is take the docs to the borrower, have them signed, notarized and sent back in a timely manner, then we have done our job and deserve to be paid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.