Notary Rotary
ditech loan
Notary Discussion History

ditech loan
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/23/05 2:54pm
Msg #67002

ditech loan

I have a Ditech loan and the Deed refers to in the event of foreclosure they want to be notifed. It has a blank area for a recording date, page, book number etc because this is in the event so obviously there are no dates, or pages, book numbers, also it has someones name with a signature line right above where I am to notarize, and the signature line is blank, has not been signed, this is not the borrowers names, I've never done a Ditech loan before and never seen a deed of trust like this, can I notarize with all these blank areas? I don't feel comfortable doing that.

TIA for any input

Reply by Anonymous on 9/23/05 8:11pm
Msg #67036

I really need help on this one!

The Deed of Trust looks like a standard form that they must use all the time, but I'm just really concerned that some pages of it are not completly filled out. Can any of you oldies help me out I would really appreciate it, the signing is for Sunday I'm still considering contacting the ss tonight or tomorrow and canceling, I already called the ss and told them I was not comfortable notarizing the Deed. I have been trying to do research on this and have not come up with anything.

Thanks, Gen

Reply by Anonymous on 9/23/05 8:13pm
Msg #67037

One more thing....

I also talked to the Loan Processor and they said that there was nothing to be concerned about and that this is done all the time.

Reply by Brenda_NC on 9/23/05 8:20pm
Msg #67039

Re: One more thing....

I DO NOT notarize anything that is blank. I must see the person sign the doc before I notarize it. How do you know who is going to sign it? Who's signature would you be notarizing? Are they really the person signing or is someone else signing for them? These are questions you need to ask yourself before notarizing any blank paper.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/23/05 8:25pm
Msg #67040

Hi Brenda, thanks alot for your reply, the deed has an different area for this other person to be notarized at a later date, I'm just supposed to notarize the borrowers, but it still just doesn't seem right to me. Has anyone had a Ditech loan like this before?

Reply by Brenda_NC on 9/23/05 8:28pm
Msg #67042

I have not done ditech but I had one for another company who did the same thing. The only thing I notarized was where the borrowers signed. The other one they will have done at their office or when the property is forclosed upon. You should be fine to notarize just the area where the borrowers sign.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/23/05 8:31pm
Msg #67043

Thank You Thank You Brenda! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.