Notary Rotary
does anyone else feel like they are
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/21/05 3:13pm
Msg #66467

watching a horror movie every other week? I cannot believe all the horrible strorms hitting us!!! Now this Rita B*tch is a cat 5! unreal

Reply by Kiso on 9/21/05 3:21pm
Msg #66469

sorry to hear that :(

Reply by Kat_in_NC on 9/21/05 3:23pm
Msg #66470

Amazing - I am from TX just N of Houston. My sister and brother still live there. Today is the 16th anniversary of Cat 5 HUGO in 1989. I went thru Hugo in Charlotte, NC in 1989 - it was 100mph winds here.

Many friends in NO and they have not only lost homes but the whole economy has gone down the tubes for anyone who was on the outlying part - no jobs to go to in the city that is under water......

Now here comes Rita and we aren't done with the season yet.....All the NO evacuees having to move again and Texas had the BIGGEST heart in opening up their state to LA and now they may need as much help as they gave.....

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/21/05 3:47pm
Msg #66478

Having been hit by back to back Cat 3's in three weeks just a year ago, I know how the gulf coast if feeling right now. Shear horror, you nailed it Charm.

It's going to be bad. We are still getting rain feeder bands up in Vero Beach and had gusts to 50mph Monday/Tuesday when Rita was over 200 miles south of us.

Please, all people in Rita's wake, get out of her way and stay safe!

Reply by Ted_MI on 9/21/05 5:08pm
Msg #66495

Re: Heh, Charm consider your location ......

Hi Charm,

I must say I view you as being fortunate (well at least for the time being) as you are in Alabama. My goodness you could have been in Mississippi, Lousiana, or in Texas.

Reply by Cris_AR on 9/21/05 5:33pm
Msg #66501

It is unreal. I believe they are sending a large portion of people to Arkansas.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/21/05 7:36pm
Msg #66527

Re: Every state has received large portions of people!

Reply by JMLionesse on 9/21/05 8:45pm
Msg #66540

From NY:

God bless all you folks in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and the entire Gulf Coast. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. Our prayers are with you, and my donation to the Red Cross was mailed out last week. I wish I could afford more, but every little bit helps. Good luck, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya'll! Smiley

Reply by Nancy4_FLA on 9/21/05 10:54pm
Msg #66570

Re: coastal Alabama

If I remember correctly coastal Alabama was hit pretty hard by Katrina too. I think with all the horrors that happened in N.O. we haven't heard that much about the damage that was done in Miss and AL.

Am I correct Charm? I believe that your state took quite a hard hit from Katrina? Now Texas is in the cross hairs. I feel for all those that will be effected by Rita. This storm is massive, I live in SW Florida and we have had overcast skies all week and have been feeling some wind and rain from Rita as recent as tonight.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 9/22/05 2:06am
Msg #66584

Yes, Charm and I'm heart broken over the devastation; I can hardly watch it.

A heads up for recent earthquake news. I receive regular email from usgs and the north western coast is on alert for huge earthquake within next few weeks. My family and I lived through the Loma Prieta quake of 1989 in CA and we are preparing now and praying it won't happen again. The trauma of these events cannot be measured. My prayers to all.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.