Notary Rotary
hello
Notary Discussion History

hello
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by DOUGLAS VIGIL on 9/17/05 1:54am
Msg #65765

hello

I was wondering that if anyone have a copy of a journal entry to practice. since I'm am new notary at this i want practice where to put current items in the journal book. Not the actual entry but the line and column row etc thank you

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/17/05 2:14am
Msg #65769

Every journal is a little bit different and all of the ones I've seen have sample entries at the beginning. Your best bet is to wait until you get your own journal and practice on that one, the journal on this site comes highly recommended by everyone who's used it.

Also, your profile needs some major work. What you have in your comments section needs to be removed ASAP:

"I'm also License Real Estate Agent/ flexible with my schedule my time and day and weekend depend on certainly stand"

Besides being gramatically incorrect and lacking any sort of punctuation, it makes no sense. What does "weekend depend on certainly stand" mean?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/17/05 11:57am
Msg #65815

Douglas

Yeppers...that profile needs some help - ASAP.

How about: "I'm a mobile Notary Signing Agent as well as a licensed Real Estate Agent. I'm available 24 hours a day including weekends and my schedule is flexible to accomodate my clients needs".

(that was free) Smiley

Reply by thnotary_NY on 9/17/05 8:59am
Msg #65801

Not all journals are created equal. ASN gives one when you renew and for new memberships. Not as good as MoJo but something. MoJo gives you an example page in the front to get you started.

Reply by DOUGLAS VIGIL on 9/17/05 6:36pm
Msg #65867

Thank you for reply and helping me with my profile. I was kinda nerves what u put down in my profile and comments since im new notary just got my commission on august. I didn't really know what to expect thank you for your help :-)
doug

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/17/05 10:46pm
Msg #65879

Re: hello - Douglas

Doug, you're scaring me.

I happy to help with language for your profile....but it's ruined by your including the "How about:" at the beginning of your comments section.

If you copied and pasted my re-write....please fix it and take out the *How about:*

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/18/05 12:03am
Msg #65885

Don't trust TitleGal

"I happy to help with language for your profile"

You write this and people are supposed to trust your judgment on correct language usage? Is English your second language or something? Clearly the sentence should read:

"Me happy to help with language for your profile"

I noticed the "corrected" profile as well. I figured I'd let somebody else do the dirty work this time around.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/18/05 12:35am
Msg #65888

Re: Don't trust TitleGal

**Me happy to help with language for your profile**

Thanks for helping Susan out here.

Me tired and me had to get ready for bed.

Reply by DOUGLAS VIGIL on 9/18/05 2:19am
Msg #65892

Re: U guys are right

u guys are right my english is my 2nd language as far in writing concern my speech is good people do understand me and i understand them. I was born deaf and ASL was my first language I took alot speech session in school all the way thru high school. Sometime when I speak and put in it in writing I notices i miss alot small words but disabliity is no laughing matter cuz probably I have to work twice or three times harder then normal people do cuz of my hearing limitation of lack understand basic on commuication, also I am put in position constantely prove people my ability. again thank for guessing what is my 2nd language :-) ok
you guys responded to help out been great I alot respond from email. ;-) thank you again

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/18/05 8:18am
Msg #65894

Re: U guys are right

**u guys are right my english is my 2nd language as far in writing concern my speech is good people do understand me and i understand them. I was born deaf and ASL was my first language I took alot speech session in school all the way thru high school. Sometime when I speak and put in it in writing I notices i miss alot small words but disabliity is no laughing matter cuz probably I have to work twice or three times harder then normal people do cuz of my hearing limitation of lack understand basic on commuication, also I am put in position constantely prove people my ability. again thank for guessing what is my 2nd language :-) ok
you guys responded to help out been great I alot respond from email. ;-) thank you again **
==============
Doug,

Before you mistake every post/word in this thread for something about you or your profile, re-read. The last couple of posts were not about you--they were directed in humor toward TitleGal's own mistake.

Hopefully, your sense of humor is in tact and you can see that when TitleGal offered to help you, she made a typo and rather than saying "I am happy..." she said, "I happy..." Someone else drew attention to that and the thread turned toward giving *her* a hard time...not you. The threads directed at your original post were sincere and helpful.

You are in good company here as far as having to work twice as hard. Many of us know what you mean from experience. I have learned that very few, if any, on this board have had perfect sailing conditions, or an easy time of it in life, or in building a business.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 10:28am
Msg #65905

DOUGLAS VIGIL -- two "m"s in "accommodate" - N/M

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/18/05 11:13am
Msg #65909

Re: DOUGLAS VIGIL -- two "m"s in "accommodate" - N/M

Me going to make sure I use spell check from now on before I hit "post".

Good luck Doug!

Reply by Anonymous on 9/18/05 11:14am
Msg #65910

I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/18/05 11:20am
Msg #65911

As a matter of fact, yes I am proud of myself - I helped. Just as proud as when I answer your anonymous questions - in fact prouder still to know I helped somebody who needed it!

Shame on you. Doug had the self confidence to post his name, his picture and accepted help for his profile, all the while telling EVERYONE here that he had some learning issues...and still he was grateful!

You on the other hand, post a nasty, snide remark while cowering in cyberspace. Take a lesson from Doug, go re-read Brenda's post, and don't come back until you can be nice.

Reply by JO_PA on 9/18/05 1:07pm
Msg #65918

Re: Well said! n/m

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 12:37pm
Msg #65914

Yes -- very proud!

Made a comment here a few weeks ago about how people pulled together to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina and about why we couldn't be nice to each other ALL the time.

This is just one small example. Here's someone -- Douglas Vigil -- doing his utmost to become a shining example in a field and who ACKNOWLEDGES his limitations -- the written language. This with someone who is 'hearing disadvantaged.'

Why SHOULDN'T we be proud to help someone who wants to be the BEST! And he is, just by virtue of asking for and accepting the help!

I am a firm believer that "We reap what we sow," and if it isn't in this lifetime, it sure will hit full blast in another.

Yes, I am proud. It's a small contribution, but it helps someone else to accomplish what they wish: putting their best foot forward!

You might wish to try it yourself sometime -- it gives a nice, warm fuzzy feeling inside one's belly!

Reply by Jon on 9/19/05 7:51am
Msg #65992

Re: Yes -- very proud!

"...it gives a nice, warm fuzzy feeling inside one's belly!"

And I thought that was accomplished by swallowing a live caterpiller whole!!! Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/18/05 1:08pm
Msg #65919

Re: DOUGLAS thread to Anonymous ...

Anonymous:

You are not as anonymous as you think.

You might find the following quote helpful to decide if you want to be an anonymous judge of others.

To Posters who establish handles and identify themselves:
Wouldn't it be fun to see who the Anons are? I'll betcha some of it would be very surprising, and some would be very expected. IMHO, some Anons have a motive to post things of this nature because they are angry that they were not able to fool the patrons of this board thereby grifting on NotRot's success and sending it to their own enterprise. Some Anons just do it because they like to seem pious and all-knowing. Just my 2 cents.

================
In msg #328 - in the Feedback Section:

**As a side note, the entire history of forum handles is kept for each user. We can quickly query the system to identify chameleons. In a few short clicks, we can also convert all of their existing posts back to a single alias.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.**

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.