Notary Rotary
problems opening attachments
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by jlynn on 9/21/05 8:08pm
Msg #66532

For the past two days I haven't been able to open attachments like the confirmations when the SS Co. send them to me. I even reinstalled adobe reader thinking something was wrong with that. When it does open it says something about corupt file. Any idea's how what this might be and how to fix it. ?? Thanks

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/21/05 8:12pm
Msg #66533

Do you have a firewall?--a virus checker? Have you checked to see if your computer is the culprit and corrupting the files because of a virus or a worm?

Reply by jlynn on 9/21/05 8:16pm
Msg #66534

Is the firewall suppose to be on or off ?? I hope I don't have a virus, I do have Norton Internet Security. I can open some attachments.

Reply by jlynn on 9/21/05 8:17pm
Msg #66535

Also this just started in the last couple of days N/M

Reply by jlynn on 9/21/05 8:19pm
Msg #66537

I checked and the firewall is OFF N/M

Reply by Art_MD on 9/21/05 8:46pm
Msg #66541

try this..re adobe files corrupted

Try sending a file as an attachment to a associate notary. See if they can open it. If they can't, then it probably is corrupted at the source. If they can, then its on your computer. This doesn't necessarily solve the problem, but may help narrow the cause.

Art

Reply by jlynn on 9/21/05 9:23pm
Msg #66553

Re: try this..re adobe files corrupted

Okay, I just sent it to someone else so we'll see what happens. I can open some of the files , that's what confuses me.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/21/05 10:47pm
Msg #66567

First, completely remove Adobe Reader... all versions, all files. You may have to manually delete the Adobe directory. Then reboot your system and do a fresh, new install of Adobe Reader 7.0. Then, open the Reader (without opening a PDF file) and do a software update. It should download 3 updates: 7.0.1, 2 and 3. Install the updates. Try opening the PDF files.

What have you installed on your system in the past couple of days?

What OS? Which version?

And please, whenever you report a problem, the exact error message is most helpful. It may contain a clue or lead as to the problem and ultimate solution.

Reply by jlynn on 9/21/05 11:37pm
Msg #66579

Thanks I did reinstall but will follow your directions n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/22/05 7:09am
Msg #66608

Keep us posted ... n/m

Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.