Notary Rotary
somebody help - printing
Notary Discussion History

somebody help - printing
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/23/05 10:18am
Msg #66931

somebody help - printing

this is the first signing for Eagis? (sp)
you cannot view the docs, you just click on the attachment and it auto prints, but I downloaded this utility and nothing, still can't print.
Is it because I don't have an HP???

To download and install MRG's custom ePrint utility, PLEASE READ STEPS
1, 2, AND 3 FIRST, then click on the link below:

http://www.mrgdocs.com/eprint.shtml
(NOTE: AOL users may need to manually type this URL into the browser)

1. Click on "Download ePrint Now" then select "Open" or "Run this
program from current location".

2. The MRG ePrint setup program will run and you will need to answer
each of the questions affirmatively (i.e. Yes, Next, Next, Next, and
Finish). This will successfully install the print utility.

3. RETURN to this email and print the documents by double-clicking on
the attachment icon.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/23/05 10:39am
Msg #66943

If it's not an HP what is it and is it pcl 6 compatible?

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/23/05 10:42am
Msg #66944

Brother4800 and it should be compatible, they re-sent the docs in another format, but I'd like to get this utlity anyway for the future...tia

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/23/05 10:48am
Msg #66947

Help with Brother, I'm sorry I can't

I am strictly an HP user. Lets hope someone with a Brother can weigh in on this. How are you holding up withthe approachng storm. Are you on the coast?

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/23/05 10:54am
Msg #66952

Re: Help with Brother, I'm sorry I can't

no I'm in Northern AL...the katrina storm blew over many trees as far as we are. If this one comes up the same way, we'll have tornado warning, thunder storms and gusts of up to 50 mph and some will lose power. Much less damage then those poor guys down there. Katrina put all of downtown Mobile under water.
I just heard that the other side of the levys in N.O. are breached.
I don't know the reasoning behind putting a soup bowl on the sea...that is still sinking

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/23/05 1:29pm
Msg #66982

MFC-4800 is NOT PCL compatible

The Brother MFC-4800 uses the Windows GDI (Graphic Device Interface) as the print engine. The MRG utility is a "raw PCL" utility that sends the commands directly to the printer, which requires the printer to be able to accept PCL commands directly (albeit, through the specific printer driver which is loaded into the printer). The GDI interface does not understand the "raw PCL" commands and therefore cannot print the file.

Reply by Mobile Docs on 9/23/05 10:54am
Msg #66951

its been our experience that your printer needs to be rated at a pcl 5 or 6, brothers do work, we use a brother hl 5140 and it works just fine 200.00 and most high end hp printers as well

Reply by Nd_WA on 9/23/05 11:21am
Msg #66958

1. Install the print utility.
2. Download/save the email attachment to your computer desktop (you can now double click on the file to see if it will print automatically) OR
3. Run the print utility then open the saved attachment within the print utility window.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/23/05 11:32am
Msg #66961

thanks all...trying to find out what my pcl is, I thought it was a 6. The only thing I don't like about this model is the flimsy pull out tray, I do have to babysit and pull off every 20 docs or so for fear of them falling off. May consider upgrading when I do my end of year profit/loss. I really like the 'all in ones' though.

Reply by Art_MD on 9/23/05 11:49am
Msg #66965

Re: Brother 4800 - not PCL6

I spent a few minutes reviewing the specs on the 4800 and could not find any statement re: PCL compatability.
This could be your problem.
I bet 10 pages/minute drives you nuts on a 100 page doc.
When you get a new one, I'd recommend that you get a straight printer - keep the 4800 for faxes, copies. You get more speed for the $$ with a straight printer vs all-in one.
You say "boy, how did I get along with such a slow printer?" after you get a 20+ ppm one.

Art

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/23/05 12:43pm
Msg #66972

All In Ones

For What it's worth the problem I have with all in ones is that not all of the functions are the best in the less expensive models and the heavy duy modesl like the Xerox all in ones are very expensive for a small business. Also if one par goes bad do you toss the whole thing or go out and buy the portion that went bad. I did quite a bit of analysis recently because I wanted one of those Treo 650 phones.PDA's. I use my PDA all the time, I now have my checkbook on it i have spread sheets, I can srite real estate contracts on it, I've got loan software on it etc, etc. But if the PDA part goes bad I've got an awfully big and bulky cell phone and if the cell phone goes bad I've got a PDA with an ugly and useless antenna.Smiley so I'll stick with my tiny flip phone and some what petite Tungsten T3.

Reply by Adams Notaries - Alicia and Ken Adams on 9/23/05 12:47pm
Msg #66973

I have a Brother MFC-8440 and ran into a similar problem once with a different print utility (don't remember which one it was now... eLinx maybe?). I called the tech support for the utility and the guy said that Brothers have a fake PCL-6-type driver that sometimes has issues with utilities that require true PCL-6. He gave me a different download utility that solved the problem for that document. So you might try contacting the tech support for MRG.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/23/05 2:36pm
Msg #66993

>>> you cannot view the docs, you just click on the attachment and it auto prints, but I downloaded this utility and nothing, still can't print.
Is it because I don't have an HP??? <<<

First, go to the MRG site (http://www.mrgdocs.com/eprint.shtml) so you fully understand what is required. Also, for those who do meet the system and printer requirements, there are TWO utilities available. Though you cannot view the document itself, the PCL index utility does allow you to view an index of the documents and only print the page or pages you want to.

However, the underlying problem most people have in using the Middleberg, Riddle & Gianna (MRG) print utilities is the printer. It must be 100% PCL4 compliant From their website:

HP LaserJet Printer (IID, IIID, IIISi, 4, 4+, 4Si, 4000, 5, 5Si, 8000, etc.) or any PCL 4 (or higher) 100% compatible printer.

<Sorry Charm, your printer doesn't meet this requirement.>

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/23/05 2:41pm
Msg #66998

waaa.......thanks PAW......n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.