Notary Rotary
what a hassle for nothing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Donna LaBelle on 9/26/05 6:17pm
Msg #67440

I get a call for a signing for 4 p.m., so I come home to print the docs. The 1st attachment says 73 pgs. I got both copies of that printed, the next attachment says 55 pgs, but when they were printing it was 152 pages with varuious duplicates at random throughout the package. Called the SS was put on hold for 20 minutes, called them back, put on hold again, called them back, finally talked to the person I had been holding for each time, he couldn't help me so put on hold again, called back, put on hold again. Gave up and I am billing them for the print fee- anyway, the borrowers phone number was no longer in service- found that out this morning and waited for 2 hours for them to get me another number, whiich they never did, even when I called them back about that.
I*nh the meantime dealing with another ss went to website to print docs, all I got were blank pages
I give up

Reply by Anonymous on 9/26/05 6:21pm
Msg #67441

I no longer print out documents until I have confirmed the appointment with the borrower.....too much wasted paper, time and toner!

Reply by BLE on 9/26/05 6:39pm
Msg #67445

I don't print until I confirm, either.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/27/05 9:56am
Msg #67540

Don't print withou confirm. Burned yesterday

Had a busy day yesterday, so I printed documents for a 4pm closing. Turns out his office headquarters is in my town. He lives 2 hours away and rarely comes here. I turned down other closing because I had this book and printed the documents. When he finally called me back after five hours, I discovered he is two hours away. The signing company apologied and said they would try to get me $35 for printing the 1st and 2nd. Nothing for my time or lost appointments. I forgot my rule never print until confirmed. Ugh!

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/27/05 10:18am
Msg #67550

Re: Don't print withou confirm. Burned yesterday

When you accepted the signing, was it to be done at his *local* office?--or where he lived two hours away??--and did you cancel when you discovered you would have to drive two hours? When you contacted the Borrower, did you have both a business phone and a home number? Normally, I don't wait for 5 hours for the Borrower(s) to get back to me re appointment time. If I don't hear from them, I continue trying to reach them with every phone contact I have, and additionally contacting SS and TC to let them know I still haven't spoken with Borrower. I have discovered that many times LO has a better chance of a *live* conversation.

In this biz, I don't know of any SS or TC that pays for signings that you turned down because of a booking that you accepted through them. If you didn't leave the house, then all you are entitled to is a printing charge, IMO.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.