Notary Rotary
Land America One Stop NO PAY!!! ???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by Greg Harrison on 4/3/07 7:59pm
Msg #183590

Okay.....as the list of NO PAY companies continues to grow....has anyone had any collection issues lately with Land America One Stop? I did a signing for them on 01/26/2007 and they have yet to pay me. The signing was a Country Wide loan...and I have spoken with the loan officer "Ann" and she has been great to deal with...is acting like she is trying to get me paid...but I am starting to wonder. I received an email from Scott Murison "Client Service Manager" on 03/20/2007 stating:

"Mr. Harrison,

I understand your frustration, however, there is one item delaying your payment, hence the "work on" part of my original comment. Countrywide selected you to do this closing, no landam, therefore, I am fighting an internal battle to get the check cut. My signing service does not want to pay you, because we did not hire you. If you look at the confirmation below it says "To: Mail Away" and does not state your name as the notary. However, this is not your fault, it is Countrywide's fault, they should not have done that to you. However, I will get you paid the $200 that Countrywide promised you to complete the closing, as you did complete a service for us and you should be compensated. The check will be cut today, I will confirm via email.

Also, I have asked my signing service to block you from any future work with us, so we do not further inconvenience you with delayed payments.

Have a Great Day
and
Thanks"

What I cant belive about this email is.....#1...Land America did in fact hire me...and I have the confirmation to prove it.....2nd that he says he will block me from further work becuase "we do not further inconvenience you with delayed payments.", like I am a bad person for wanting to get paid for a closing that occured in JANUARY!!!!!

The major red flag for me was the night of the closing....they first sent a confiramtion with a fee of $1.00 on it. I had to call several times that night and tell them I would not go and do this signing until they sent me the correct confirmation with the fee of $200.00 as we agreed upon. After several requests they finally sent me the confirmation....however what I failed to notice they did not put my name on it. Now they are trying to say beucase my name is not on it...it is causing payment problems. I felt this was "not right" from the very beginning.

One funny thing I noticed on the email from Mr. Murison.....it says at the bottom:

"One of the 50 Best Places To Work in Western Pennsylvania 2005"

I guess it is.....if you like working for FREE!!!!

I would BEWARE of Land American!!!! The saga will continue......will I or wont I get paid?

Next step: Better Business Bureau

Any suggesstions?
Thanks
Greg Harrison
[e-mail address]

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/3/07 8:07pm
Msg #183592

Thanks, Greg. They just made my no-no list.

Unbelievable attitude on their part.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 4/3/07 8:11pm
Msg #183594

Gosh Greg, I did a signing on 2/23 and was paid on 3/5. I have never had a problem with them. It sure isn't fair to you to block you since it wasn't your fault. I would surely call and talk to someone higher up and explain what happened.

Reply by Linda Snell on 4/3/07 8:14pm
Msg #183595

They are trying to save money, hence, the $45 HELOC. They called an associate of mine today to do a HELOC. They wanted to pay $65 for an email HELOC . The notary wanted $90. Needless to say while the notary was on the phone they shopped around and said they found a cheaper notary. I have never heard of them not paying.

Reply by Nicole Clement ClementClosingServices on 4/3/07 8:17pm
Msg #183596

I haven't had any problems with them paying and I never accept their low fee's.

Reply by ME/NJ on 4/3/07 8:29pm
Msg #183597

Did Land America hire you or did Country Wide? If Country Wide did you need to go after them.

Reply by Greg Harrison on 4/3/07 8:36pm
Msg #183599

Land America hired me.....the called me....negotiaged the fee with me...and sent Theme the confirmation. They are just smoke screening with a bunch of bull crap beucase they do not want to pay.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/3/07 8:39pm
Msg #183600

This is very alarming Greg, I've worked for them and always get a fair fee AND paid rapidly. Please keep us all posted, this is just unreal!

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 4/3/07 10:04pm
Msg #183609

LandAm OSS? Hard to believe!

I did have a similar situation with a CW loan, however, with TICOR Title.
It was very official looking TICOR confirmation, but it didn't come from them... yet I was told to invoice them.
Weird.
It took me 8 months to get paid Frown

As for LandAm, I have done 50+ closings for their SS and their TC and never had a payment issue.

Reply by Lisa Wood on 4/3/07 11:12pm
Msg #183617

Re: LandAm OSS? Hard to believe!

I agree. I close about 15 files for LandAm OSS each month and they always pay within 2
weeks and the agreed upon fee. I have never had any type of payment issue with them.

Reply by Ndwa on 4/4/07 1:25am
Msg #183624

Re: LandAm OSS? Hard to believe!

I think there's always two sides to a story. I've work directly with many LandAm offices and also LandAm OSS and never had a payment issue or anything.

I still remember there was a signing back in November where borrower was in town visiting. The docs never came on Friday for an early Saturday signing as the borrower will fly out in the afternoon. The EO forgot Friday night, but did send them Saturday. By the time I got a hold of the borrower, he was getting ready to board the plane. I called an SA I knew on NotRot who actually cover borrower's area and gave that signing to her. They paid me for saving their behind and also the other SA my full fee.

Like others, I'm interested how this issue turns out.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 4/4/07 9:49am
Msg #183647

Find this so hard to believe

OSS and Land AM have ALWAYS been extremely prompt in paying and I do a LOT of business with them.

Reply by Greg Harrison on 4/4/07 10:53am
Msg #183656

Re: Find this so hard to believe

Well you can belive it.....trust me...I have better things to do with my time than make up stories about not getting paid by companies. I had never heard anything bad about them previously either. So this is a shock to me as well. But nevertheless....it his happening to me now....I just want to get paid for the closing I completed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.