Msg #172097

BBB in California for SOX

Wondering the link to report sox to BBB in California

Reply by Becca_FL on 1/22/07 7:46pm
Msg #172100

Did you even try to google "BBB in California" ????????? n/m

Reply by sandi42 on 1/22/07 8:07pm
Msg #172104

Re: Did you even try to google "BBB in California" ?????????

Excluse me Becca no I didn't. Why are you so nasty just asked if anyone if they knew the link to it.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/22/07 8:29pm
Msg #172111

Where's Brad when you need him?
Type BBB in your browser, simple and efficient,
no wasting NR posting space asking redundant questions!
We all can appreciate that!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 1/22/07 8:34pm
Msg #172113

Just consider the source! n/m

Reply by Brad_CA on 1/22/07 8:34pm
Msg #172114

I'm here!!!!!!!! http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13134410

Reply by sandi42 on 1/22/07 8:40pm
Msg #172116

Thank you Brad for the info

Reply by Brad_CA on 1/22/07 8:41pm
Msg #172119

You are welcome. If you need to look up another company, go to www.bbb.com

Reply by Roger_OH on 1/22/07 8:45pm
Msg #172121

Brad's credibility still somewhat suspect with me...

Several months ago Brad directed a poster's complaint about a company in Washington (with the same name as my company) to MY local BBB in Ohio, making no differentiation between the two. After I called him on it here, he said he'd look into it, but no response to date regarding the potential damage to me by his pulling the trigger before verifying his information. That was the last time I've seen him on this board.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/23/07 1:01pm
Msg #172163

The laziness of some people is amazing n/m

Reply by MikeC/NY on 1/22/07 8:40pm
Msg #172117

Sandi -

I found this buried deep in the SOX website, and used it to get the payment they owed me:

4. RESOLUTION OF COMPLAINTS
Notary agrees that if he/she has a complaint regarding payment of fees for services performed, he/she shall put such complaint in writing and either FAX such complaint to (949) 643-7031, “Attention: Accounts Payable,” or send such complaint via U.S. Mail or overnight delivery service to:

Accounts Payable Department
Sign On The X, Inc.
11 Mareblu, Suite 100
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-3044

Complaints shall not be communicated orally, by telephone, or via e-mail. Notary agrees not to report any dispute with SOX to any outside organization or agency until at least 60 days after submitting a written complaint to SOX as set forth above. Notary further agrees that under no circumstances shall he or she contact the lender about payment of Notary’s fees. Violation of this provision shall result in termination of this Agreement.

I ignored the "notary agrees" stuff because I never agreed to that when I accepted the assignment. Once they were past 30 days I faxed them the invoice every day, along with the copies of the previous fax logs (AKA "progressive faxing" - you basically want to be enough of a nuisance so that you get their attention ). When that grew to about 9 or 10 pages, they asked me to stop - and I got a check a few days later.

Bottom line - don't call or email, because they won't respond. They want all complaints by fax, so do it their way - but get in their face and let them know you're not going away.

Good luck!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 1/22/07 8:44pm
Msg #172120

Lotsa Luck with that

Seems they are made of teflon...that SS. According to other posters, they just landed a major account with a very major lender.

Is there no integrity anymore?

(I could say something here in regard to integrity...but I'll control the ole fingers on the keyboard).

Reply by cara on 1/22/07 8:46pm
Msg #172122

In order to access correct BBB office, you need an address. In the case of SOX, their address is 11 Mareblu, Suite #100; Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 (according to their web site. ) Next, you go to BBB home at http://www.bbb.org/ and search for the address in order to be directed to the local office responsible for the area. I find that it is easier to search by zip code in California. Following these steps, my search resulted in LA (Los Angeles) branch: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx. When you search SOX at this branch you will see their “F” rating with the bureau.

I hope that this helps. Sometimes, I wish that folks who are annoyed by a question would just ignore it and leave it open to someone else. And, I must admit, that I am working on developing more discipline in this area myself.

Reply by OR on 1/22/07 10:37pm
Msg #172125

address for it is www. bbb.org/
Ok so I checked them ou them and they have an "F" rating here is there information

Sox Signing Solutions

Company
Rating
F
Rating Explanation:
The rating the Better Business Bureau assigns a business is determined by our composite score of such factors as its type of business, length of time in business, compliance ...

F We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

No. of Cmpl Type of Response
13 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
2 Making a partial refund
248 Agreeing to perform according to their contract
9 Refusing to make an adjustment
19 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
0 Unanswered
0 Unassigned
291Total

GOOD LUCK

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.