Notary Rotary
Title Stream National Closing,Signatures Plus,
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2007 Index

Posted by Janice Sabb on 1/20/07 6:39pm
Msg #171875

These companies don't mind giving notaries consistent work but their track record on paying is too long overdo. I am aware that these Title Stream's reverse mortgage loans fund 30 days out. Somebody please help me understand why it is taking 60 days plus to get paid? Signatures Plus refi took 120 days to pay. Secure Signings took 180 days to pay. Has any one else had similiar experiences with any of these companies? Please elaborate. Notaries Beware !!!

Reply by LisaWI on 1/20/07 6:51pm
Msg #171877

Re: Is it me or......

am I noticing a trend here. I too am experiencing companies that in the past were prompt with payment are now late on payment. For these particulars companies you mention I dont know, but this has been my experience lately. And the posts lately within the 4 months are consistant with this. Its been a slow slide to later and later with payments with a lot of companies. Kind of makes me not want to work for anyone but Title Companies.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/20/07 6:56pm
Msg #171878

Hi Janice, I recently turned down a job from Title Stream because the I feel the same frustration you do about their payment schedule. I used to work a lot for them but then the payments stretched out over 90 days. During this last call I asked them how long they were estimating it would be before the notary was paid. "Approximately six weeks after funding--30 business days." No thanks. That means it is 42 days after funding which they say is 30 days. It's annoying. In my experience they WILL pay, but it is ridiculous to hold back checks that long.

The escrow officers licensed by the State of Texas at Title Stream are Christopher McLucas, Monte Sturgeon, and David Cox. Perhaps a note directly to one of them will be effective. Better yet, maybe one of them will take a moment and explain to us all why they cannot pay notaries before such a lengthy wait.

An LO told me (and a borrower) that the funding now takes place after the three day rescission period. Used to be that the borrower had to wait until the end of the month for funding, which was possibly 30 days. This delay in payment makes zero sense in my pea brain.

Reply by Janice Sabb on 1/20/07 7:03pm
Msg #171879

I really appreciate your response. I will definitely contact David Cox. I always seem to get an answering machine for Chris. This is really helpful for me. Now I know that I am not alone.

Reply by Barb/MO on 1/20/07 7:23pm
Msg #171881

Title Stream National Closing "five weeks after the funding"

is what I was told on December 6 when I accepted an assignment. That advice was in response to my telling the scheduler that per NR, TS is a slow pay. Further, I was told, "We try to get all of checks cut ASAP to ensure great service with the notaries."

The funding date was December 15, and the fifth week ended this last Friday, so the check is just now coming due.

I told the scheduler I had accepted the assignment only because she had conducted herself in a professional manner and they had met my fee, but if I had any trouble collecting, I wouldn't accept another.

We'll see what happens.

I don't have the volume of assignments of a lot of the folks on this forum, but of those I've had, all but one paid per their promise. I had to send one an email inquiry, but got the check a week later. I consider myself fortunate in this regard.

Reply by Barb/MO on 2/16/07 5:16pm
Msg #176103

Re: Title Stream TS National Closing took 60 days

This is to follow up my prior post. I received the payment on the 60th day after the closing. My two emails, one to Chris McLucas, inquiring about the status of payment were not responded to. Finally, I faxed a note to Mr. McLucas explaining what actions I would take if I didn't receive a response regarding status in 48 hours. His assistant called me within a couple of hours to advise the check was being sent out that day. It was, and I received it a couple of days later.

The folks there were pleasant and easy to work with, but I don't want to have to hound the company for payment which I have properly earned and to which I am entitled. I won't be accepting another assignment, but after my threatened actions, I doubt they'd hire me again, anyway.

Reply by sue_pa on 1/21/07 7:34am
Msg #171913

Secure Signings

can you please tell us where they are located and if they gave you a 'reason', if they ignored you or if they outright lied about payment? Did one about 2 weeks ago for them and have accepted another but I am awaiting a revised confirmation w/correct fee. I have no problem backing out if they are liars - telling the truth and being slow pay is one thing but being a liar is something different in my eyes - that's why I'd like to know.

Reply by Janice Sabb on 1/23/07 11:07pm
Msg #172333

Re: Secure Signings

i apologize for the delay in responding. Secured Signings, Inc. is located in Eldersburg, Maryland. Their address listed on the check is 1710 Bennet Road Sutie 210, 21784. I sent the email at least four times. I called at least six times. On the last email, I threatened legal action and reporting them to the BBB. Finally, I got paid in December for a July closing. I hope this is not to late.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 1/21/07 10:30am
Msg #171933

I have always said that our fees and names should be either listed separately on the HUD-1, or the borrower can have the opinion of paying us at the door. I vote pay at the door.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.