Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Okay I have seen AKA's and FKA's but what..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2007 Index

Posted by ssqu/ky on 7/2/07 5:03pm
Msg #198211

does FNA mean? Thanks for the help.
Stephanie

Reply by Carolina/CA on 7/2/07 5:06pm
Msg #198212

I would say it means "Formerly Known As". That would be used mainly for woman if they have/had a married or maiden name.

Reply by Carolina/CA on 7/2/07 5:07pm
Msg #198213

oops...my bad...you already know what FKA means...sorry.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 7/2/07 5:11pm
Msg #198214

Possibly "nee" an od fashion way of saying "Known". It refers to a woman's birth name (parental) or maiden name. See it on headstones all the time

Reply by SharonMN on 7/2/07 5:27pm
Msg #198220

Nee (accent on 2nd e) = French for "born." Thus Jane Doe nee Smith means Jane Doe who was born Jane Smith.

As for FNA - ? Maybe someone who forget "known" begins with a K???

Reply by ssqu/ky on 7/2/07 5:28pm
Msg #198221

Well nobody at SS knows what it means. I am thinking someone typed it wrong. This is how it reads on all the doc's: Jane Doe FNA Jane Smith- Per borrower her name is Jane Smith FNA Jane Doe. Borrower does not have ID as Jane Doe. SS said for me to cross out the last name on both and write the correct name above it and have borrower initial correction...also cross out the FNA and put FKA and have borrower initial. I would have to do this to every single document in the file!!!! After all of that it would read: Jane Smith FKA Jane Doe. This is now turning into a 2 1/2 hr signing. Not worth the fee we agreed upon. Sorry, just venting.

Stephanie

Reply by sue_pa on 7/2/07 5:46pm
Msg #198223

so tell them you're not doing it - the person who made the error can use the E&O, Compliance Agreement, Limited POA, etc., to fix their error.

Reply by Carolina/CA on 7/2/07 5:53pm
Msg #198225

WOW!!!! THAT IS GREAT!!!!

Reply by Carolina Gudino on 7/2/07 5:55pm
Msg #198227

Re: Sorry...my response earlier was meant for another

message on this forum...SORRY.

Reply by ZeeCA on 7/2/07 6:15pm
Msg #198232

in crossword puzzles all the time! n/m

Reply by Joan_OH on 7/2/07 9:23pm
Msg #198255

LOL - that processor still has a job?

I must have had the same processor who doesn't know about silent K's about 2 years ago.

FNA = Formerly Nown As - of course! :-)

Joan-OH

Reply by LisaWI on 7/2/07 9:39pm
Msg #198258

Re: Formally Named As, Maybe?? n/m

Reply by DonnaV_CA on 7/3/07 12:31pm
Msg #198335

Re: Your (sic) all rong (sic)...

FNA: formally nowed as

Someone was typing too fast. This must be from the same person who used to work for a journalist friend of mine.
One day my friend came back to a telephone message that said that he was to call back
someone who wanted to talk to him about his "Youth in Asia" article. It took him a minute
or two to figure out that it was about his euthanasia article.....

By the way, I think my vote is for "formerly nown as" until further proof otherwise... Smile

"nee" is not used with "formerly" as far as I know.. it just means "born as", or maiden name. It would just be Anne Smith nee Anne Jones.

Reply by Notary_OH on 7/3/07 1:16pm
Msg #198348

Re: Okay I have seen AKA's and FKA's but what...

Most likely some Einstein that didn't realize that the work "known" starts with a "K" and not an "N".

I wonder if it's the same person that made the form that states that Jane Doe and Jane Smith are "One in the same person" instead of "One and the same."

Or the "One and the same affidavit" for NREIS that says that the person's name on the ID aff must match exactly the name on the Mortgage and Nole. Yes, the N-O-L-E. I have retrurned docs with many a yellow sticky note asking them to change the work from "Nole" to "Note", but to no avail...

I am certain that some (many) of these people working at TC's are not the brightest bulbs in the box.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.