Notary Rotary
The Catbird Seat
Notary Discussion History

The Catbird Seat
Go Back to March, 2007 Index

Posted by Leon_CO on 3/27/07 7:40pm
Msg #182278

The Catbird Seat

I read this story by James Thurber many many years ago when I was in high school. It's also a term that is used quite frequently today.

Notary signing agents often complain about this and that. But I wonder how many of them realize how often they sit in the catbird seat.

Colorado had a terrible blizzard this past winter. I can't remember exactly how many calls I got. I just know that I could have made a small fortune if I was able to do them all. And I probably could have named just about any fee I wanted. Companies were so desperate to get loans closed.

This is just one example. But think about your own experiences, and realize how many times you've been in the catbird seat. It also makes me think about a movie that starred James Stewart, and that came out around the same time: "It's a Wonderful Life."

Good luck.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 3/27/07 7:43pm
Msg #182280

makes me think about a movie that starred James Stewart

"everytime a bell rings...an angel gets their wings.......I'll take mine extra crispy with garlic sauce please!"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.