Notary Rotary
Competition - Washington Mutual?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Michelle/AL on 5/17/07 11:13pm
Msg #190736

I came across this post on a BLOG so I can't vouch for it being 100% accurate. But it may be worth checking into for those of you who do business in those areas where WAMU is prevalent. "As of May 1, 2007, WaMu is rearranging their fee schedule slightly. American Express Traveler’s Checks, ATM Mini-Statements, Money Orders, and Notary signatures will be free." In Northern Alabama, notaries at banks are the norm; however, many of them will NOT notarize important legal documents.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/17/07 11:36pm
Msg #190738

Michelle, those sounds like bank fees. In OR, an employer

can set the fee up to the statutory amount for notarial acts performed in the scope of the notary's employment. Is that what you meant? What a concept, a bank lowering its fees... Smile

Cheers!
Susie

Reply by Becca_FL on 5/17/07 11:36pm
Msg #190739

I bank @ WaMu and the staff has asked that I bring business cards to the Branch for them to give to customers that are in need of Notary services. Apparently, the WaMu Notaries can not notarize docs that the bank has not drawn. Fortunately, for me, since this new policy, I have picked up at least one or two general notary jobs per week for the past six weeks.

On a side note; thank you, Harry! I have provided my local branches with the promo business cards that you sent me. I got tired of taking handfuls of cards so now I just take them a box. My box of cards has its own place in my local branches and the gals love my pens and letter openers.

Marketing is KEY!

Reply by MelissaCT on 5/18/07 10:58am
Msg #190798

Great response & idea!!

Webster Bank has also updated their fees to include free notary service (was $2.00). I'll have to check & see if they also are unable to notarize certain documents...hmmm.

Reply by SDgirl_CA on 5/17/07 11:54pm
Msg #190741

I have signed many loans for WAMU through escrow companies and I was told 3 weeks ago that the max amount that they will pay for a signing is $75. From what I hear they are planning to go even lower.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.