Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Complaints of Non-Payment for services rendered.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by signit on 5/17/07 12:17pm
Msg #190615

Hi. I am new to your company. I've noticed alot of complaints about notaries not being paid in a timely manner for signings. I wanted to make some suggestions.

1. Payment arrangements can be on a retain based assignments, if notary work for a company with multiple signing request.

2. An Retainer Agreement should be implementated with a Dispute Resolution Clause.

3. If available a ACH account should be use to collect funds via Automatic Clearing House with a bank or ACH company. An ACH agreement should also be used.

4. Check verification with Check Guarantee and Recovery services should be used by the notary to insure payment.

5. Legal Consel to review all agreements between the notary and company.

6. Since the initial transactions between the notary and the company occure online; I suggest notary aquaint themselves with cyber-police type sites such as SquareTrade

It may take more steps to getting the assignment; but will be well worth it.

Reply by hcampersFL on 5/17/07 12:39pm
Msg #190621

I can appreciate that you want to help members here but I have to ask, do you seriously think that all those stipulations will garner anyone business? A company that is asked to follow all those steps will just move on to the next person that can accomadate there needs.

How long have you been a signing agent? SC is an attorney only state how can you work as a signing agent in you home state? If you can work as a signing agent what experience do you have as a signing agent?

Reply by PCasey/CO on 5/17/07 12:41pm
Msg #190623

All good ideas but the chances of getting the Signing Service (SS) to sign those documents is probably zero. The only time I have been paid in a 30 day time frame was when I was working directly with a Title Company and they paid me out of escrow as soon as the loan closed, this particular title company is now using an SS that tried to cut my fee and takes 6+ weeks to pay me. I just pester them with e-mails and faxes every so often until I finally get paid (usually when I start adding late charges onto my statements).

A lot of the SS's have a contract they want you to sign but I usually ignore them because they put ridiculous clauses in there that if the loan doesn't close you agree to a trip fee only or if "in their opinion" you don't fully follow their instructions they won't pay you at all.

Reply by MelissaCT on 5/18/07 12:02pm
Msg #190818

Need to clean up grammar and spelling if you're really

planning to send this communication anywhere.

[1. Payment arrangements can be on a retain based assignments, if notary work for a company with multiple signing request.]

1. Paymnet arrangements can be made on a retainer basis, if notary works for a company with multiple signing requests.

[2. An Retainer Agreement should be implementated with a Dispute Resolution Clause.]

2. A Retainer Agreement should be implemented with a Dispute Resolution Clause.

[3. If available a ACH account should be use to collect funds via Automatic Clearing House with a bank or ACH company. An ACH agreement should also be used.]

3. If available, an ACH account should be used to collect funds via Automated Clearing House with a bank or ACH company. An ACH agreement should also be used.

4. Check verification with Check Guarantee and Recovery services should be used by the notary to insure payment.

[5. Legal Consel to review all agreements between the notary and company.]

5. Legal counsel should review all agreements between the notary and company.
(This could get expensive)

[6. Since the initial transactions between the notary and the company occure online; I suggest notary aquaint themselves with cyber-police type sites such as SquareTrade.]

The initial transaction occurs on the phone typically, followed by a confirmation sheet of some sort that also acts as the contract, absent any type of IC agreement or other formal contract. I don't understand what SquareTrade would have to offer in the transactional relationship.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.