Notary Rotary
Field service
Notary Discussion History

Field service
Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by NCsignguy on 5/7/07 2:10pm
Msg #189224

Field service

I was called the other day to go to a property snap 10 pictures and fill out an excel spreadsheet. The trip took longer then the work. Company offered a fee and I did it. Just wanted to know if anyone else does these what are the proper fees to charge. Any info would be helpful.

Reply by Jeanne/ca on 5/7/07 2:29pm
Msg #189226

I have done many of these and found that the pay was very little. Some companies will only pay 10$ per house, some will pay 30$. Just like the notary biz, some companies pay on time and some you have to fight for. I found it was not worth my time in my small area. For you it may be different. Good Luck! Smile

Reply by Michelle/AL on 5/7/07 2:41pm
Msg #189230

I also do drive bys here in Alabama. I did one today that paid $55 but questionnaire I have to complete has about 20 questions. I try not to accept any assignment for less than $20. The trick is to be on as many companies' lists so that you'll have 2-3 assignments in the same area thus making your one trip worthwhile. Brenda_TX has some good information on her NotRot profile on this subject. She also has a Google Group for Inspectors. I have found the group to be very helpful. If you have any other questions that you think I might be able to answer for you, just shoot me an email.

Reply by Sister on 5/7/07 4:10pm
Msg #189258

Hi Michelle! What is Brenda-TX website for the profile? Thanks.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/7/07 4:21pm
Msg #189260

Re: Field service- you can check my profile for it, however,

I'd like to vote for Harry adding a tab to this site and putting a forum for inspectors and field service there. I feel certain that the 150 members of the little email group I have would be happy to start filling NR's field service area with chatter and content.

Reply by Sister on 5/7/07 4:26pm
Msg #189264

Re: Field service- you can check my profile for it, however,

Thank you!

Reply by Michelle/AL on 5/7/07 6:42pm
Msg #189282

I agree with you, Brenda.

While there are plenty of notaries who don't want to touch this sort of thing with a ten foot pole, there's steady interest in the subject. With the exception of sofi.dot.com I don't know of any other site (except yours) where newbies can go and get the basics.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/7/07 6:57pm
Msg #189285

Re: I agree with you, Brenda.

I feel Harry could certainly benefit from a field services tab. I don't know about you Michelle, but I think between me, you, Margaret, my friend Helen, and the rest who chat on the google group we have we could develop a pretty good forum.

There's no place like that on the 'net as far as I know and that's why I have the google list. Hopefully, Harry will jump right on that in his spare time (ha ha ha).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.