Notary Rotary
HP 2430 Gremlin: 115 pages, keeps forgetting which size
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Susan Fischer on 5/26/07 10:54am
Msg #192168

paper to use. Stops, blinks red, right in the middle of, say the DOT (letter); I push 'check' button to tell it 'letter,' which is taking time...and if it's not in the middle of a doc, and I don't know what size the next page is.,..grrrr.

Anybody met this Gremlin before and figured it out? I'll print lender pkg on all legal, if I have to, but man, this is pissing me off. SueW?

Many thanks in advance,
Susie

Reply by CopperheadVA on 5/26/07 11:07am
Msg #192173

Yes, I've had that problem from time to time. I have two of these printers and if I print the problem package on each one, each printer will stop and blink at the same pages. All I can figure is that it was some problem on the other end when the docs were scanned. I agree it is very frustrating, though!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/26/07 11:13am
Msg #192176

Ok, Thanks. sigh. All legal it is then. *Bad* Gremlin! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/26/07 11:11am
Msg #192175

Gremlins in printers...my Tx network friend and I were

just discussing this today.

My printer printed out a rev mort package with the greatest of ease (pdf) and when it was done there were three blank pages for no reason. I went back and printed those three one at a time and they printed. Never had this happen before.

Watch your packages.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/26/07 11:15am
Msg #192177

Yes, Ma'am, thank you. Is this an HP problem? n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/26/07 11:21am
Msg #192178

Re: Gremlins in printers...my Tx network friend and I were

Nope...unless it's a PCL dependent package I always use my Canon Imageclass.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/26/07 11:32am
Msg #192180

So, how does one know if PCL dependent? All .pdf? n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/26/07 12:51pm
Msg #192190

Re: So, how does one know if PCL dependent? All .pdf?

PDFs seem to print on anything. Swiftview type packages only print on PCL compliant printers like HP and Brother. My Canon Imageclass was born without a shred of PCL capability.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 5/26/07 2:38pm
Msg #192207

Hey Susie...got big MO back from repair shop last week...

was going to leave little MO in service but got one of those notorious CW pkgs. and decided to put big MO back up on line. Yep, every now and then I get a package that does the same thing for me...I dunno what it is...I think it has something to do with the scanning but don't listen to me, I can barely turn this thing on!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/26/07 8:51pm
Msg #192234

Thanks, all. My retired HP engineer Dad, like SueW,

thinks it may be in how the sending scanner reads/fails-to-read and the printer is innocent, but just to be sure, he thinks I ought to threaten it with Brenda's Cannon and see if it gives it up.

Have a great holiday, all. I'm turning off my phone, and giving my HP a good talking to, then putting it in the corner to contemplate the picture of the Cannon Imageclass that I just made it print. I swear it coughed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.