Notary Rotary
Has this happened to anyone else?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by MICarole on 5/17/07 5:04pm
Msg #190670

Today I received a letter for the Accounting Department of an agency billing me for the shipping for their documents. She stated "...will only cover up to a maximum of $15 for the courier charge. We are billing you $xx.xx which is the difference in cost..."

Reply by HawaiiNotary on 5/17/07 5:26pm
Msg #190674

No. That's a new one.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/17/07 5:28pm
Msg #190676

Say what? I'd be in as big a hurry to pay that as some of these deadbeat companies are to pay their notaries. Any explanation given? (I'd just like to hear it.)

Reply by kcg on 5/17/07 5:31pm
Msg #190678

What????? They send you an account # to bill for overnighted docs and then expect you to pay anything over $15? What next.......we pay them for the privilege of doing a signing?

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/17/07 5:34pm
Msg #190680

Yup. See next post up. LOL n/m

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/17/07 5:34pm
Msg #190681

i would like to know which company did this to avoid them... n/m

Reply by MikeC/NY on 5/17/07 6:53pm
Msg #190691

The only possible explanation for something like this is

that they specified one level of delivery, and you shipped at a higher level. If their instructions said to ship standard overnight and you shipped priority overnight, you could be on the hook for the difference. I think the difference between priority and standard is that priority gets it there the next morning, while standard gets it there at some time that afternoon. The difference is between priority and standard is usually less than $5, but it's significant if you're dealing with accounting bean counters...

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 5/18/07 12:52am
Msg #190750

Re: The only possible explanation for something like this is

I don't know if this has anything to do with your return but, some some companies, if you return in one of those non paper envelopes the company will charge you the difference.

Reply by LynnNC on 5/18/07 8:46am
Msg #190774

Do you mean if a notary returns the docs in the paper "FedEx Pak" instead of the cardboard "FedEx Envelope", they will charge the notary the difference? I always use the "Envelope" if the docs will fit, as I know that it is less expensive.

Reply by Frenchie/TN on 5/18/07 10:00am
Msg #190785

Actually, if you look at back of Fedex envelope it says max weight is 8oz incl. weight of envelope. Any more than 25 pages and you are over. So, I always assumed that Fedex would automatically charge the FedexPack (tyvek envelope) rates even though envelope is being used. If you check the back of UPS envelopes there is no max weight. The pack rate is definitely much higher.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.