Notary Rotary
Here's a new one for me..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by cyndi_ca on 5/17/07 11:31am
Msg #190606

Called BO to confirm, leave message. BO calls back and says I am trying to figure out why you are calling me. To sign your loan docs of course. I don't have a loan pending right now. I confirm his name, property addy, co-BO name. The reply.. Who hired you. this person knew nothing of a pending loan, nor of the Lender it was supposed to be with. It almost sounds to me like someone might be trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes. Yikes!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 5/17/07 11:47am
Msg #190607

the last 6 weeks have been alot like that for me.
My thoughts are that the lenders are really getting on the LO's about business, and they are scraping up all the applicants who have declined the loans/terms being offered to them, and trying to resell them. It's not happening. This year I have had more no-shows, cancels when scheduling the appt or before I arrive at the appt and recissions than I have had in 4 years total.
Of course this is only my opinion, but I have found the signing business very strange this year in reference to a bunch of "no thanks" by the brw's.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 5/17/07 11:53am
Msg #190609

Could be that the BO did in fact apply for the loan, then think about it, have second thoughts and rather than stand up and say no, that is how they get out of it .....

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 5/17/07 11:57am
Msg #190610

Had one last night where they told the loan officer several times they did not want a HELOC and they sent it anyway! Of course they did not sign and sent a note stating why.

Reply by jba/fl on 5/17/07 12:01pm
Msg #190612

Had one where the LO screamed at me that I better not mess up his loan, telling me TC misspoke about pu check and get them to sign.
Excuse me? Love that end call button...Bor cancelled. Thank you Jesus!

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/17/07 12:07pm
Msg #190613

usually...

those are the type loans that I get instructions not to call to confirm....lol

Reply by cyndi_ca on 5/17/07 12:13pm
Msg #190614

Re: usually...

The funny thing was is that he wasn't even IN California. He was in Indiana. That would have been a long drive ;-)

Reply by kcg on 5/17/07 3:56pm
Msg #190654

Re: Same thing.....

happened to me about 2 months ago. I was called by a T/C to close a loan....the BO said "WHO ARE YOU? - WHAT LOAN?" He had no idea and had NOT applied for a loan. I was stunned. Where would the lender have gotten the info for the 1003? And all the other personal pertinent information? This guy said he had rec'd a call from a broker a few weeks earlier and talked for a few minutes but never filled anything out.

I called the T/C back and relayed the messge....he just said "oh, ok, thanks". What????

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.