Notary Rotary
How is business out there?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Notary_OH on 5/3/07 11:01am
Msg #188599

Here it is slow--verrryyyyy slooowww. Number of closings weekly are half of what they are normally. Even the Citibank HELOCS have dried up. Used to be at least three or four weekly, hasn't been a singe one in over a week. Countrywide closings have almost dissappeared.

Is it just a downtime in the cycle? Will things pick up again into the Summer?

Any thoughts?

Reply by Michelle_KY on 5/3/07 11:08am
Msg #188600

I read somewhere last week (sorry, don't recall where) that applications were up again in April, so you should see a pick up in May/June. i was busier than normal all the way through the 30th.... and then dead. It's been like that for me for the last two months

Reply by Roger_OH on 5/3/07 11:09am
Msg #188601

Had a huge EOM, best in several months. Staying pretty steady.

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/3/07 11:19am
Msg #188604

Insiders say apps are up, decent week this week. I had to turn down 2 today because of personal stuff. I hope this month is a good month.

July and Aug are slow months around here in the past. Big vacation months.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 5/3/07 11:56am
Msg #188612

Slowed down 1st week of month. Hoping it will pick up before months end!

Reply by MelissaCT on 5/3/07 12:55pm
Msg #188625

I'm dead, heard there's some business in other parts of CT

but it's been slow so far this year. April EOM was busy, but it's dropped off a cliff since then. I'm hoping May will be good, but nothing has come up so far.

Reply by NorthernNotary JenniferGuinasso on 5/3/07 1:12pm
Msg #188630

I'm dead, heard there's some business in other parts of CT

I don't post often (more of a lookie-lou), but I had to post on this thread ....
I'm dead too! Not one call since Wed night, 8 days and counting.
This is so odd compared to the past few months.
I am not liking it !!

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 5/3/07 1:39pm
Msg #188631

Re: I'm dead, heard there's some business in other parts of CT

The shoreline has been dead for a month

Reply by Mary_CT on 5/3/07 2:10pm
Msg #188642

Fairfield County is busy- reverse mortgages filling the gap

Multiple Closings in Southport, Bridgeport, Norwalk, Stamford, Wilton and Weston(only 1 there)

had to turn down another Bridgeport- too low a fee - it does not payout to spend hours doing these for low fees. Just babysitting "receiving the docs" - multiple calls to find out exactly when are they "really" arriving- would absorb what some want to pay.

High income area so perhaps the drops are less severe here.

Reply by BetsyMI on 5/3/07 2:12pm
Msg #188643

Time for a garage sale

Slow here too so I'm having a garage sale tomorrow.

Already made $470 since yesterday, just from people driving by, and I'm not even open for business yet!! Nice to clean out the basement of all that old furniture I've been moving with me for years......

Reply by kmo on 5/3/07 4:42pm
Msg #188676

Re: Time for a garage sale

Slow to dead this month for me here on the space coast of Fla. I have 1 for this week. Good thing I have other avenues to keep me going. Also we might all want to think that maybe the notaries that accept lower fee's are getting them. If so no loss here, just professionalism.

Reply by ConnieK on 5/4/07 1:39am
Msg #188741

Re: I'm dead, heard there's some business in other parts of CT

Slow in the Northwest also!

Reply by Mary Irene Mccomb on 5/3/07 7:34pm
Msg #188701

Today is the first day in weeks that the phone hasn't be ringing. For the first of the month it's been great. Hope it stays for awhile.

Reply by Allison_MI on 5/3/07 7:56pm
Msg #188704

GREAT end of April....

May starting off oK so far

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.