Notary Rotary
I don't notarize people
Notary Discussion History

I don't notarize people
Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Ndwa on 5/2/07 9:46pm
Msg #188537

I don't notarize people

Just got back from a general notary request job for this young couple. The guy cracked me up when he said, "honey, maybe this is something I can do; driving around notarizing people". Of course, I told him I witness and notarize signature on documents, not people.

Reply by FLdocrunner on 5/2/07 10:19pm
Msg #188542

Now lets see where do I want to put this stamp! lol

Reply by rengel/CA on 5/2/07 11:47pm
Msg #188545

So, is that the opposite of "doing" a Notary? tee hee hee

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 5/3/07 1:03am
Msg #188546

I had a signer say he "needed something to do"

At a closing last week, the borrower husband commented that he was getting ready to retire and was looking for something to do, so he might be a notary "and do what you do". Grrrrr. Obviously he was clueless and had no concept that being a Mobile Notary is a serious position and that the signing opportunities for Mobile Notaries are not endless, that he might be taking assignments away from me!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/3/07 2:30am
Msg #188551

I refer those available, to voluntter as a CASA -

Court Appointed Special Advocate.

Many retirees find satisfying 'work' being CASAs, advocating for kids in foster care. Often it's not the money, but the involvement that is sought.

For more information, e-me.

Cheers,
Susie

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 5/3/07 9:01am
Msg #188579

Great idea, Susan, altho I think he wanted a little money

I gathered he was thinking of finding something easy and simple he could do after retiring to supplement their income. And of course it looks easy and simple when you're sitting at the table with the borrowers and are efficiently and smoothly guiding them through their closing paperwork. They don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes before and after you appear on their doorstep.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 5/4/07 2:23am
Msg #188744

Re: Great idea, Susan, altho I think he wanted a little money

So, so very true. Most days I feel that the easiest part of this line of work is when we're sitting at the table!! Unfortunately, tonight wasn't one of them! I had back-to-back appointments where I wanted to grab their hand and sign it for them!! Especially the lady at the last one.... S L O W E R T H A N M O L A S S E S .... Her husband (retired for many years now), started laughing at her near the end. Not only was she something of a reader, she couldn't stay focused on anything and had to think about every move of the pen. It was sheer agony! (But that was mostly because my day started at 6:30 am -- after about 3 hrs of sleep and I barely had time to pee, let alone eat... Loved it!!)

When you get comments like that gentleman's isn't it tempting to tell them how it REALLY is?? (The downside, that is... Too many want only the easy part and aren't willing to put in the work.)

Well, I'm done for the night. [Anyone who calls me before 10:00 am tomorrow is in trouble! jk... ;>Wink]

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.