Notary Rotary
I had to laugh....
Notary Discussion History

I had to laugh....
Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by kcg on 5/18/07 6:16pm
Msg #190873

I had to laugh....

a new SS called me to do a signing....the guy was nice, tho a bit unorganized. In talking he said "oh, by the way, how does your state feel about backdating"? My antenna went up and I asked him if he was asking me to backdate the docs. He said "no, I was just wondering how Indiana felt about backdating.....you know some states don't care". WHAT? I told him as far as I knew it was a FELONY in every state but if he wanted to check for himself I'd give him Indiana's SOS phone number and he could check for himself.

He said "no, that's ok, I'll take your word". Where do these people come from?

Reply by MikeC/NY on 5/18/07 9:44pm
Msg #190901

Sounds like he's just building a list - by state - of notaries who are willing to backdate.

It's just another service he can offer to his customers...

Reply by DebbieT on 5/18/07 10:08pm
Msg #190904

That was sad but too funny Mike.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/18/07 11:16pm
Msg #190905

Wouldn't it be great if he lost his laptop and a

professional notary signing agent found it , and posted his list of 'Notaries Who Will Back-date: By State' on a few forums, and sent it to some Secretaries of State, and everybody got busted for backdating, and hiring backdaters, all making the lending business a safer, more ethical industry? Wouldn't that be great?

Reply by OR on 5/19/07 12:23am
Msg #190911

Re: Susan LOL LOL LOL that would be a laptop :) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.