Notary Rotary
Just withdrew from a closing - still no docs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Sharon Taylor on 5/25/07 1:05pm
Msg #192000

I have never done this before, but I finally have had enough! I accepted a closing in one county yesterday for 4:30 this afternoon, overnight docs. This morning I accepted a closing in a different county for 1 PM, email docs.
I also accepted a third closing for 7 or later (flexible time), and it turns out the L.O. never bothered to check with the borrower, or he would have known that the borrower's spouse is out of town until Monday. So scratch that one.
These were for three different agencies/title companies.
It is now 12:30, and the agency for the 1 PM closing still has no idea when docs
will be received. That location is a 1-1/2 hour drive from me, and it is over 1-1/2 hours from the 4:30 closing location.
The borrowers for the 1 PM closing had planned to leave on a long-planned weekend trip yesterday but postponed it to today after the L.O. called them yesterday morning. They were just waiting to sign so they could leave ASAP today instead.
I turned down two other close and well-paying closings because I couldn't effectively fit them into the schedule.
Rather than mess up my 4:30 closing, which was scheduled first, I decided it was time to "just say no" and withdraw from the 1 PM closing, emphasizing that the only reason is the lateness of the documents which would make me extremely late for my other closing.
Sorry, but I am fed up with last-day-of-the-month-to-sign rush calls and very very very late docs, which requires you rush and scramble to try to juggle your schedule around to make everyone but you happy or at least satisfied.
Actually, I don't mind the last-minute rush calls anytime, even on the LDOTMTS day, and do all I can to accommodate everyone, but if they call on LDOTMTS day without even having any idea of when (or if) they'll have the docs....

Reply by DebbieT on 5/25/07 7:48pm
Msg #192075

I feel you Sharon. Sometimes I have those days where everything just falls into place. Then I get those stressfull days that just fall apart due to late docs. You can only do so much. Besides, the one that you cancelled was already giving you problems so you probably saved yourself even more stress.

Reply by goodgirl on 5/26/07 1:33pm
Msg #192198

Sorry, I don't post often, but just had to speak up here. I'm sitting here LMAO. I think Debbie meant to say, "I feel for you, Sharon." Ha ha!! I'm laughing with you ladies because I have this happen to, and it really gets to me.

Reply by DebbieT on 5/26/07 2:19pm
Msg #192203

Good Girl, I guess you have never heard the phrase "I feel you." It is short for I feel for you. Where is your mind at you bad girl. LOL

Reply by LJ on 5/26/07 2:57pm
Msg #192211

My day yesterday went like that also.
1:00 - signing went fine
3:00 apt- When I called borrower I was told not to come, He won't sign anything. Had docs but cancelled.
5:30 apt: borrower called me to change it to Tuesday - no way docs date sensitive signed at 5:30. went fine
At 6 pm the 3:00 borrower now wants to sign. Too late, I'm booked already. Wants to sign at 6am this morning. No, can't do that.
7:00 apt - no docs till 9:30pm
9:30 apt - borrower got called to work and wants to meet me at a truck stop at 11:30pm - it got cancelled from title because of doc issues, thank goodness because I didn't get done with the 9:30 till 11:45 because of issues.

It was definelty an interesting day. I'm glad there is only 1 day a month like this. One good thing is I have a couple to look forward to next week due to the cancellations. Slept in this morning.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.