Notary Rotary
My Turn-Pick Me, Pick Me!! Venting Kinda Long
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by LisaWI on 5/22/07 3:25pm
Msg #191368

This is a real strange non payment issue. Called by processor of a loan for signing. It was a referral from a company I do a lot of business for. So its looking good so far. Documents are sent over, I call title to go over a couple of things, and then ask who should I invoice. Title company gal states invoice processor. OK, I email processor stating that I was told to invoice you for my services and ask is this correct, she states yes. So 3 days after closing, I email invoice.
Expecting to get paid after it funds, I dont. So giving the benefit of the doubt I wait a couple of weeks. Still no payment. So then I email both processor and title asking about payment. No responses.
Waited another week, and sent a very firm email asking for some communication on this matter and the title company responds saying it was their error they will get a check out to me overnight. Well, alright then. That sounds wonderful.
Then I get another email stating, no this wasnt their error, they cannot pay me and they are going to send out a letter to the borrower asking for my fee. Say What!!
And what if borrower refuses??? I would if in their shoes. So I say, OK, Im going to try and get ahold of this processor and ask her for payment. No go, she is ignoring my phone calls and emails.
OK, time to talk to a manager of the loan processor. Manager says he will get ahold of me the day after. Guess what?? Nope, didnt happen.
I had to call him and he has to review the settlement statement and he will (again) call me back. Yep, Im patiently waiting.
Tomorrow is the deadline for payment that I gave both companies. Certified letters will be sent demanding payment and then the BBB's will be notified and the SOS.
They are not taking me seriously and this is not even about payment anymore, its the principal. I wasnt hired by the borrower, so I dont believe I should have to wait to see if they pay the fee or not.

Reply by jojodatura on 5/22/07 5:52pm
Msg #191398

who are they so we can avoid them! n/m

Reply by LisaWI on 5/22/07 6:23pm
Msg #191406

Re: who are they so we can avoid them!

Im not going to start mentioning names just quite yet. What we have here is a case of "Its not our fault, were not paying you" ARGGGGG!!!!

Reply by pan/nd on 5/22/07 10:00pm
Msg #191487

Re: who are they so we can avoid them!

Lisa,

Go to the state or federal regulatory agencies. You mentioned loan processor. That implies a lender. Lenders are licensed by states and the fed.

Your complaint to the SOS should take care of the Title Company.

You don't mention a confirmation..so I'm assuming there wasn't one. Guess there should have been. But, no guarantees there either.

Been there..done that.

Reply by LisaWI on 5/23/07 7:40am
Msg #191520

Re: Thanx Pan

But I do have a trail of emails one being from the processor with borrowers address for the signing and one with correspondance on who to invoice. Also, emails from the title stating they would pay me, and then, no they werent paying me. In Wisconsin, emails are legal proof of communication that went on between two parties. And as Zana stated, its also illegal to steal a notaries services.
The part that really angers me, is everyone has been paid on this, and they think I should wait so they can work out a mess that was a communication breakdown between their 2 offices, that I had nothing to do with. When talking with the manager of the processor, I felt like I was a fly on his shoulder and he was trying to flick me off. Very belittling(sp?).
Now Im starting to get an attitude. They hire me in good faith, I follow through in good faith, but now payment is at their convenience when they feel good and ready to pay me.
OK, thats enough, LOL. I have to get my certified letters ready. Four letters going out today, one to the title company branch that hired me, one to the president of the title company, one to the office of the processor, and one final one to the lender.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.