Nationwide Notary Services Inc. - Clearwater FL
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 5/8/07 11:45am
Msg #189345

Just a heads up.

Did a signing for this company on 1/18/07. Checked them out on NotRot at the time and couldn't find anything on them, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and did the signing.

FINALLY received payment today 5/8/07. 90+ days is too long to wait.

Never again. They're on my no-no list now.

Reply by jba/fl on 5/8/07 12:26pm
Msg #189357

Julie Durkee?

Reply by Brad_CA on 5/8/07 9:40pm
Msg #189459

Julie Durkee called me to do a last minute signing on 03/20/07. She met my fee, agreed to pay net 30 and the signing was completed. On 04/25/2007, I called her office and the voicemail was full. The next day, I called very late at night and she answered. She promised payment and stated that she had just cut the checks. Yeh right!!! Another five days went by and still no payment. I called her again late at night, and demanded payment. I finally received payment on 05/04/2007. The check had been dated 04/04/2007. I will never work for her again.

Reply by Patrick Anthony on 5/9/07 9:24am
Msg #189507

Yes, Julie Durkee, Nationwide Notary Services

of Clearwater Florida.

I will not work for this company again.

Reply by jba/fl on 5/10/07 1:24pm
Msg #189701

She called me about 8pm for signing. Called to confirm w/bor., who said she was on her way to work night shift, and no, she could not do on break, etc as working ER in hosp. Said she could do in am, we set tentative time.
Called Julie and she said that was fine, I asked if docs would still be good, she said yes, no prob. So I spoke w/bor, firmed up for 8am, then went next am and completed assignment, returning docs to TC. Get call next day, Julie Durkee flaming mad, said my dates were wrong and I would have to redo and backdate. I told her that was illegal and I could not jeopardize my comm. for anyone. I reminded her of asking specifically if the docs would be good and her reply was that she assumed that I would backdate. I asked why she would assume such a thing and she replied that everyone does it. She insisted that Ames Lending (?) wouldn't pay and she wouldn't pay, and she would just go ahead and find someone who would do the signing. I said I would invoice her, which started another tirade.
I invoiced her, and she finally paid 1/2 of fee after much insistence on my part.
She is unethical, and a liar, obviously holding us in little regard.

Reply by TANYA MORRISON on 5/10/07 1:40pm
Msg #189705

jba,

You made the right choice. If we as notaries do not upheld the ethics of our ministerial positions, it will result in such responses given by the representative of this company.

Great Job!

Notary Ambassador
State of Florida

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.