Notary Rotary
Notary Rotary web site character issues
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Michael/NC on 5/28/07 9:44am
Msg #192336

On 5/24/07 I asked the owners of this web site about their advertisement pratices and "Advertisers Character" issues. I was directed to offer my opinons on this forum.

As many of you know "United Notaries" owned by Keith L Dean closed their doors owing many of us payment for services rendered. Dean says he does not have to pay anyone because he filed bankruptcy. I dispute this statement because he has lied to me before (check in the mail) and he refuses to provide the "Notice to Creditors" information or his attorney's contact information so the bankrupty specifics may be obtained.

HERE IS MY ISSUE--I don't think "Notary Rotary" should advertise Dean's new company--"Dean Notaries" on this or any web site based on the fact that Dean has cheated many people. If he has the money to open a new business, advertrise as a Premier member, hire employees, etc. he has the money to pay us what he owes us. I know that Notary Rotary can not investigate everyone's character before advertising for them. But, once something like Deans cheating people is brought to Notary Rotary's attention, I think they should take appropiate action.

People like Dean should be held accountable for his actions in all possible ways.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 5/28/07 10:03am
Msg #192339

I noticed that his primary address is still the same as United Notaries. I also noticed that "they" claim to have closed over 50,000 loans. Doubtfull in my mind. When I mentioned this to him he asked me what I was talking about. I feel he is counting the ones done by outsourcing when he was United Notaries.
United Notaries was/is doing business under A&K Enterprises LLC which gives them some protections in liability. Keith is the registered agent at the S Yosemite St Address in Centennial. Previous to that he had organized an LLC called Dean- Meyers LLC. The attorney that files the paper work for that LLC is
Kevin Hughes, 4155 Jewell Ave, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80222.
Phone 303-758-4181, Fax 303-758-2081, email [e-mail address].
Hopefully that is still current info. I got that off the Articles of Organization filed with the Co SOS in Sept 2003.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 5/28/07 10:12am
Msg #192341

And Yes

I think he is misrepresenting himself, knows that others think so, has been complained to about it and has done nothing about it.
If nothing else you would think that the uproar over his dihonsety to the notaries that are owed by him would give him a clue that it doesn't work.
The math doesn't work unless he is actually contracting out signings to others. Lets say he has been doing signings for 10 years. That averages to 13 a day, every day. Yes, that would be a SS advertising on NOT ROT.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 5/28/07 10:04am
Msg #192340

Michael you are absolutely right, I agree with you. However Notary Rotary is a business and they need to make their own business decisions.
You have my vote Dean Notaries should be removed but it's not my choice. He should be in jail. This is not the first time someone has been allowed to advertise on this forum and had previously been less then professional in his or her own business.
I think all we can hope for is this message gets bumped everyday so it is often at the top and every notary on NOTROT has the opportunity to read it. If a notary checks out each company prior to working for them, they will of course find this and hopefully they will have sense enough to not work for Dean Notaries.
I worked for them once, had to struggle to get paid, my calls only annoyed office staff and the nasty attitude they projected when calling for your money told me, never again.

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 5/28/07 10:44am
Msg #192349

If his company has filed a petition in bankruptcy and you have been listed as one of his creditors you should have received a notice from the court instructing you to file a proof of claim with the court. If he has properly filed for bankruptcy you will have to process your claim through the court via the proof of claim that you file. When a bankruptcy is filed the court issues an order of automatic stay, and you cannot proceed with collection without being in contempt of the court order. If you are an unsecured creditor do not count on getting very much...if anything through the bankruptcy.

If you do not receive the court notice, it means one of two things. He has either not filed for bankruptcy or he has not listed your with the court as one of his creditors. In either case his debt to you is not discharged.

The bankruptcy laws have changed drastically in recent years, making it harder for a debtor to discharge a debt.

Reply by jojo_MN on 5/28/07 1:23pm
Msg #192377

Doesn't the state he is doing business in have an attorney general's office? Why isn't he being turned in for prosecution. It seems like there should be legislation passed that will not let someone start up a business if they are scamming others, then closing doors or filing bankruptcy to get out of paying for services provided. This all seems very pre-meditated in my opinion.

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/28/07 2:01pm
Msg #192382

Where I used to live stereo installers did this continually

and reopened in the same location, same phone # but diff business name... and unbelievable they get away w/ this......... you would think it would be illegal....... but it is not if they either declare bankruptcy or "sell the busines w/o assets included"

Reply by Brenda_CO on 5/28/07 11:49pm
Msg #192472

Thank you Michael for posting this. It is really too bad that someone or some company such as this can just file bankruptch (or not) and start cheating people all over again!

Reply by christiSocal on 5/29/07 12:41am
Msg #192475

I can't find "Deans notaries" in signing central

Maybe Harry kicked him?

Reply by Michael Martin on 5/29/07 8:38am
Msg #192481

Re: I can't find "Deans notaries" in signing central

click find a notary at the top of the page. search via zip code--80112. Dean Notaries is listed at the top as a Premiere Member.

Reply by christiSocal on 5/30/07 4:53pm
Msg #192754

Ahhh, ok

I thought the poster was saying that Deans notaries was in the signing service listings. Thanks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.