Notary Rotary
OK MAJOR HELP PLEASE PAW NDWA anyone willing..2 printers jam
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Brooke Squyres on 5/31/07 11:44pm
Msg #193085

two HP printers jammed- been working for two days to unjam, looked at Help stuff to no avail, have taken both apart to most skeletal I can,,,, have docs to print for tomorrow of course.............................HP 1300 and HP 4000 any suggestions gladly accepted................AAYYYYYYYYIYIYIYIYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Brooke Squyres on 5/31/07 11:47pm
Msg #193087

what I mean is

little peices of paper stuck in each one,c ant figure out how to clear them entirley, (got most paper out but teeny peice still there)HELP PLEASE

Reply by David Kral on 6/1/07 12:05am
Msg #193089

Re: what I mean is

Now I see second post.

Dental floss.

Use a thicker piece of paper, such as, cardboard from a cereal box see if the will push any jammed paper through.

Unplug machine. See if you can rotate rollers backward, slowly or forward.

Use a flashlight if you have one, might spot something you could not otherwise see.

Blow dryer to try to blast some air through it(short burst, not very long, you do not want to melt anything.)

Reply by PAW on 6/1/07 3:32pm
Msg #193198

DO NOT USE A BLOW DRYER

Go to Wally Mart and buy a can of "Dust Remover". It is clean air and will not damage the drum matte coating. Be sure to use a can that does not spew liquid propellant. I use 3M Dust Remover to clean all my computer parts.

Reply by David Kral on 5/31/07 11:59pm
Msg #193088

1) Try putting machine back together. Perhaps you can use manual feed. Put 20 pages in print, then print 20 more.

2) Try printing from a differnt point in the document. Say page 10 to 20, 20 to 40, etc. Could be a software setting. Perhaps you can get over it. Then you might only need to print 10 pages at Kinkos tomorrow. I have one lender that has one page that wont print on my laser. It prints on my inkjet, then I photocopy it on the laser and add it to the documents. Weird but it works.

3) Where is it jamming, from the uptake tray, around the cylinder, up exit. Once I opened
the back of mine due to a last minute jam, the print pages came out the back and I had to catch them and stack them, but I got through it until I could find the paper jamming it up.

4) Have you switched toner? Using a discount toner? Have you switched paper? Heavier bond?

5) If the loans are from the same lender, perhaps there is a setting in the software that is
not right. Less of a possibility if you have documents from a different lender.

6) Find a backup copy shop. UPS gives me great deal. I do not use them often because it cuts my margin, but sometimes when I have a lot in one day or need to squeeze in a good client, I will lighten my load.

7) If you have to, go to office supply store. Get a new machine try it out during the return period. I am not a big advocate of this but if it is a crisis....well do what you have to do.

8) if you have two trays, try printing from one. or take the paper out of one. It is is letter, you the fit to page option. It it is legal, print everthing on legal.

I know some of those will not "fix" the printer, but they may get you to the weekend when you might have more time to figure out the problem.

Reply by DogmongerCA on 6/1/07 8:08am
Msg #193115

You might try some compressed air

Can be purchased at most stores in a can:-)

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/1/07 1:00pm
Msg #193173

Re: And if all of the above don't work?

Throw docs on a cd and go to Kinkos..<G>...good luck!!

Reply by Frenchie/TN on 6/1/07 1:25pm
Msg #193177

If you have card stock, 67lb or more, try pushing it through and most of the time it will dislodge the jam: hit the print button and then holding with both hands (to keep pushing motion even) kind of push the stock through.

Reply by PAW on 6/1/07 3:37pm
Msg #193200

Re: OK MAJOR HELP PLEASE PAW NDWA anyone willing..2 printers

If you would like a copy of the HP Service Manual for your LJ 4000, send me an email and I will send you a PDF copy. (Sorry, I don't have the manual for the 1300.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.