Notary Rotary
Opinions Please -
Notary Discussion History

Opinions Please -
Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Tracy_ME on 5/31/07 1:30pm
Msg #192931

Opinions Please -

Due to the fact that my average signing is 60 miles round trip coupled with the rising gas prices(my truck is a v8) and my husband's prodding, I am seriously considering using my motorcycle as transportation for signings - weather permitting of course! Now, I would obviously make sure that the docs were protected, etc, etc. I also would obviously dress office casual as always (carry another pair of shoes to change into). Other than the "helmet head/Medusa Hair", I am running out of good excuses not too.

Does anyone ever use a motorcycle to go to signings? Any input would be welcome.

Keep your knees in the breeze!
Tracy

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 5/31/07 1:35pm
Msg #192935

I have never done it, but it I had a motorcycle.... I would!!

Reply by FCCARKANSAS on 5/31/07 1:36pm
Msg #192936

I had a V8 engine in my GMC Sierra until Feb. Gas, insurance... killed me. So I'm down to a little, but very cute Chevy HHR w/ 28 mpg in the city. Do what ya gotta do! I say ride the bike!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/31/07 1:39pm
Msg #192939

Tracy
I love the beautiful photo in your profile. Looks like a very tranquil spot.

Reply by Tracy_ME on 5/31/07 1:47pm
Msg #192943

Thank You - it really is beautiful. The river is right out back behind the house, although I took that picture from the brige up the street.

Unfortunately, I really need the big v8 and 4 wd for the winter and "mud season"(we're only about 60 miles from Canada). At this point it's tough to justify purchasing another vehicle for good weather signings. I have been struggling with the whole bike thing. With the gas prices escalating - signings declining - It is really begining to make sense to take the bike.

Reply by Tracy_ME on 5/31/07 1:58pm
Msg #192952

Re: Oops - bridge up the street n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/31/07 1:44pm
Msg #192941

Ride the bike and smile a lot! I think the B's would love it! And so will your wallet.

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/31/07 1:51pm
Msg #192946

Ok, MY opinion... I live in a small town and it is a lot more relaxed and casual for the signings. You would be traversing in your neighborhood pe se and I am sure that a bike would not be unusual in your area...

I have a friend who has a mc and rides to all appts and she has never gotten anything except nice bike which of course she agrees to......

Reply by Stamper_WI on 5/31/07 3:06pm
Msg #192971

My neighbor took delivery on a new motorcylce 2 days ago for the same reasons. She is so excited! She has some kind of minivan. Her daughter is not happy because she will have to take the bus to school now.
I have a trusty VW Jetta 1999. I get 32 mpg because I do mostly rural diving. It got all new struts today. new freon in the ac and new headlamp. Saving the re cracked windshield for end of summer. I plan to drive that until only a 16 ur old would take it. It owes me nothing and I have no car payments.
Remember that guy that had an older car with some kind of truck spring stuck in the front hood? He drove that to signings and we all suggested he mount an embosser on it!

Reply by rengel/CA on 5/31/07 3:45pm
Msg #192992

What kind of bike do you have? I ride a VTX1300R. Have never ridden it to a signing, but wouldn't be adverse to it, I would warn the borrowers first though, some people see a mc and think Hell's Angels.
I've done many of my inspections on my motorcyle but not when having to inspect a bank or other, more professional type business. The inspectees think it's cool.

Rengel
ps: do you ever go to Delphi forums? We have a great women who ride forum, if you're interested.

Reply by Tracy_ME on 5/31/07 4:01pm
Msg #193004

I have an 06 roadking, 88 sportster, crf230 dirt bike, wolverine 4 wheeler and an old h-d mini bike x90. There aren't any HA's here so that shouldn't be a problem! I don't have any tat's or anything like that. Just a 40+ lady that likes to ride when I find the time.

Reply by Kathleen/CA on 5/31/07 4:08pm
Msg #193009

Re: Opinions Please -I have a 02 Dyna and ride it on

occasion to a signing. I let the borrowers know I'd be coming in on my ride. Nothing like going from Kathleen mild mannered signing agent to Katrina the biker chick and then back again. No tat's for me either. Enjoying the beauty and fresh air here in the mountains..Ahhhhhh nothing like it!

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/31/07 4:24pm
Msg #193015

curious why you feel it necessary to let them know you

are coming on a mc?

Reply by Tracy_ME on 6/1/07 6:37am
Msg #193100

Re: I would love a new dyna

I really like the look of the street bob.... I keep asking my hubby to buy me one! Maybe next year.

The roadking is a tank. Mine is just the roadking (no classic/custom). Has the hard bags and injection. I would really like to check out the new 6 speed tranny. My sportster only has 4 speeds - I keep looking for more! Plus it's solid mounted - she rattles your bones! But it's a fun ride for short blasts!

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 5/31/07 10:14pm
Msg #193073

Tracy-Go with the bike! I take mine, and to avoid the Medusa look, I buy 'hair socks'. They have some really dressy ones. Of course that only works if your hair is long enough to pull back. I've gotten more complements on how nice my hair sock looks with my suit from borrowers. At Christmas everyone wanted to know where to buy them for gifts.
Keep the shiny side up!

Reply by Tracy_ME on 6/1/07 6:31am
Msg #193099

Re: Thanks All for the Feedback

I was sincerely concerned that it might be considered unprofessional. I did not get one response that indicated it might be considered unprofessional! Looks like I can start riding the "scooter" to appointments. It will make "the old man" happy. He shudders everytime I start the truck!

Yesterday I had 2 signings back to back - total 160 miles (1/2 tank of gas!). The first one had id "issues". I couldn't complete the signing and probably won't get paid! This further solidifies my need to cut corners and ride the bike. My dog isn't going to like it though - she won't be able to ride shotgun!

Thanks Again!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.