Notary Rotary
Ot..Pet Peeve Construction Zones
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by PJM/MI on 5/1/07 6:18am
Msg #188213

Here in the north springtime is construction time on most of the major highways.
Here is my Pet Peeve: A mile or so from the construction site are the signs and arrows telling drivers a lane is going to end. And what happens? Mr./Mrs. "Zoomer" pays no attention to the signs and HAS to squeeze in at the last minute. ARGH!

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/1/07 6:45am
Msg #188216

I once watched 2 truckers stop the zoomers. Truck # 1, in correct lane, held an open space for truck #2--who blocked the zoomers. It was beautiful. Since discovering this manuver, I have also been the 'blocker'... most truckers 'get it'.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 5/1/07 6:50am
Msg #188218

I was a commercial driver for 12 years running team with my now ex....he loved "riding point" because of the inconsiderate 4 wheelers that just couldn't wait in line. If it weren't for them while perhaps being somewhat slow getting through there wouldn't be the constant stop and start, stop and start. The truckers always try to do this and if someone else is good enough to take the heat they will always cover ya.

Reply by PHILL2BY on 5/1/07 6:45am
Msg #188217

I hate people who do that and we always have construction zones all year long. Some days I let them in other days they will speed up not look you in the face and try and squeeze in. NO WAY BUDDY!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.